Music: The Cab
The Cab is a rock band from Las Vegas. They started out under Decaydance for their first record (Whisper War, 2008) but managed to record and published the second one (Symphony Soldier, 2011) independently.Their current line up consists of Alexander DeLeon (lead vocals), Alex Marshall (piano, guitar, backing vocals) and Joey Thunder (bass).Former members included Ian Crawford (guitar, backing vocals), Cash Colligan (bass, backing vocals), Alex Johnson (drums), Paul Garcia (guitar) and Bryan Dawson (guitar).The band was mostly formed by Alexander DeLeon and Cash Colligan when they started playing music together at high school.Their first show with a full line-up was in 2005 at The Alley in Las Vegas.They got signed under Decaydance after giving a demo to Spencer Smith at a concert. After they got signed they replaced Paul Garcia with Ian Crawford who moved from Washington to join them.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Well, "Singer". DeLeon was, for the longest time, referred to as "Singer", by everyone.
- Fun with Acronyms: The Cab used to be stylized as The CAB, because it stood for The Cash and Alex Band, after the two founding members Cash Colligan and Alex DeLeon.
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: "DeLeon" is apparently pronounced "Dee-lee-own".
- One Steve Limit: Averted. The line-up for the first record had three of five band members called Alex. And the current line-up still contains two Alexes.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Or, rather, last name. (Alex) Marshall, (Alex) Johnson, and then (Alex DeLeon) Singer.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: I'm an angel with a shotgun.