[[caption-width-right:350:Contrary to popular belief, you do not require pants to listen.]]
[[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/ Songs To Wear Pants To]] is a website. It has some songs, and you can listen to them in your computer. All you have to do is right-click and 'save as', or so its two [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/songs-to-wear-pants-to-theme/ Theme]] [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/songs-to-wear-pants-to-theme-2/ songs]] say.
Basically, on April 9th, 2004, a guy named Andrew Huang living in Toronto created a website where people could request songs about any subject. Initially, the rule was that all songs would be under 1 minute and 11 seconds, but that rule has since been done away with.
Since STWPT's opening, hundreds of songs have been requested about pretty much ''any'' subject, from [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/beware-the-sea-anenemone/ Sea Anemones]] and [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/how-to-actually-wear-pants/ instructions on how to put on pants]] to [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/evil-pickle-vs-everyone/ evil pickles killing everybody]] and [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/we-are-the-robot-pirates/ robot pirates]].
These Songs To Wear Pants To songs are just about any genre you can think of, from hard rock, to techno, to a game soundtrack/children's music/psychedelic rock mixture.
There have been four CD's released from the songs created throughout the years, titled (in chronological order) Green Pants, Blue Pants, Pink Pants, and Sweat Pants (the newest songs are on the yet unreleased Skinny Jeans album), each CD being $10.
Roughly a little less than half of the songs on Songs To Wear Pants To are free to download, with just right clicking and saving as (as the first sentence states). Other songs are 99 cents to download.
Song requests are done by email; free requests are usually done only if Andrew sufficiently likes the concept and if he has free time, while paid requests (costing anywhere from $50-$200 a minute)will always be done on time for obvious reasons (many paid requests are not posted on the website, being that a lot of them are personal and all)
!This website provides examples of:
* AgeProgressionSong: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/it-was-the-world/ It Was The World]].
* AmbiguouslyGay: In [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/what-i-would-do-if-i-were-teleported/ What I Would Do If I Were Suddenly Teleported To Your House Right Now]] the kid in [[spoiler: South Dakota]] calls Andrew dreamy, gets quite excited at the idea of giving Patrick Stewart a 90 minute calf massage, and sews the doilies in his house himself.
* BigNo: At the end of [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/what-i-would-do-if-i-were-teleported/ What I Would Do If I Were Suddenly Teleported To Your House Right Now]], when Andrew learns that he has teleported to [[spoiler:South Dakota]].
* BreakupSong: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/never-extended/ Never]] being a fan favorite- one fan even paid for it to be extended. On the less serious side, [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/girl-im-sorry-but-i-have-to-move/ this]] also counts as one.
* BoastfulRap: One of the bonus CD songs, Vanessa is partly this when the narrator claims to be the "sickest MC you're ever gonna hear", but is also a bit of NightmareFuel when the narrator reveals that [[spoiler: he has killed Vanessa and is eating her liver off of her naked body]].
** FridgeBrilliance: Now think about the different meanings of the word "sick".
* BreadEggsMilkSquick: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/its-halloween/ It's Halloween!]] lists a few costumes. In the middle of this very long list is a [[Film/TheHumanCentipede human centipede]].
* CallBack: From [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/its-halloween/ It's Halloween!"]], a callback to his [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kXmclogVZQ Crunk Juice music video]].
-->I'm two doors ahead of you (better catch up)
-->to my crunk juice gorilla mask (get messed up)
* CaptainObvious: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/captain-obvious-theme/ His superpower is that he states the obvious!]]
* CarefulWithThatAxe / MetalScream: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/lyrics-to-a-song/ Lyrics To A Song]].
* CensoredForComedy: Done in [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/little-eeeee-foo-foo/ Little Eeeeee Foo Foo]], even though it's not actually bleeping any swears.
* CheekCopy: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/we-photocopy-our-body-parts/ We Photocopy Our Body Parts]] is about this.
* ChristmasSongs: With all the songs, there had to be [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/politically-correct-holiday-song/ one]] eventually. However, it's not a Christmas song in the traditional sense...
** A straighter example would be his genre-switch cover of [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/the-little-drum-and-bass-boy/ a classic Christmas song]].
* ComicallyMissingThePoint: The beginning of [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/i-am-having-your-babies/ this song]]:
--> '''Random Guy''': Um, I believe that she’s actually saying that she wants you to ''have'' her babies
--> '''Andrew''': Oh, yeah. That’s exactly what we’re talking about. Um, she offered her babies to me. I don’t know how to get them... [[CrowningMomentOfFunny maybe she’ll put them in the mail, er-]]
-->'''Random Guy''': Nonono, like [[AC:'''''have''''']] ...her babies.
-->'''Andrew''': ''Oh!'' ...Oh. Well, in that case, [[CrazyPrepared I have prepared a rap song for just such an occasion.]]
* CommonTime: Parodied/criticized in [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/its-too-loud-extended-version/ It's Too Loud]].
** Quite a few songs are in unique time signatures, including the [[CrowningMusicOfAwesome previously-mentioned]] ''Never'', which is played in 5/4.
* ConstrainedWriting: "Not Using It", a rap without the letter "e".
* CoverVersion: Andrew has covered several songs, including [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/still-alive/ Still Alive]], [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/pants-on-the-ground/ Pants on the Ground]], and [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/fat-lip/ Fat Lip]].
** Also, a parody of Music/JustinBieber's "[[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/baby-80s-trance-polka-version/ Baby]]" and a cover of the song from those [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoEx9Jv2FDc Mentos commercials]].
* DanceSensation: Parodied in [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/old-fashioned-line-dance-or-square/ Old Fashioned Line Dance (Or Square)]], and played (somewhat) straight with [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/polka-loca/ Polka Loca]].
* DrugsAreBad: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/drugs-are-bad/ This song]].
* DrunkenSong: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/andrew-vs-the-wilderness/ Andrew Vs. The Wilderness]].
* EverythingIsAnInstrument: Some strange instruments have been used, such as spoons, the sound of flushing toilets, and [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/i-am-a-mechanical-shark/ fruit hitting the ground]].
** [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/songs-to-wear-pants-to-theme-2/ PANTS SOLO!]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgHKH5UwGK8 music made from 1000 pairs of pants]]
*** And to add to that, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giQbERAqEXo the sound of cheeks being flicked]]
*** [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/coffin/ Andrew simply coughing]]. Yeah, he is that awesome.
*** [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/car-noise-waltz-of-the-egg-slicer/ Car Noise Waltz of the Egg Slicer]] features, yes, car noises and an egg slicer. And it would probably be awesome in a car commercial.
** Though it features regular instruments too, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN80egKPEow "Magical Cat"]] is based around samples of his cats.
** The instrumental of "99 Red Balloons" covered with... [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZND9dApFKU red balloons]].
* EverythingsBetterWithDinosaurs: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/dinosaurs-are-sweet/ Dinosaurs are Sweet]] and [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/dinosaurs-with-a-outragous-bmp/ Dinosaurs With A Outragous BMP]].
* EverythingsDeaderWithZombies: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/shoot-the-zombies/ Shoot The Zombies]]
* EverythingSoundsSexierInFrench: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/crepes-et-baguettes/ Crepes Et Baguettes]] is all in French and is really composed of WordSaladLyrics, but that doesn't stop it from sounding like it's about something cool and/or sexy.
* ExactWords: The fan-favorite [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/i-empty-my-baby/ I Empty My Baby.]]
** When someone complimented Andrew's rapping ability, then requested that he cover one of his favorite rap songs, they ''probably'' wanted a straightforward cover that would include actual rapping... But they didn't come right out and say that, so what they got was "Intergalactic" by The Music/BeastieBoys [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/intergalactic/ as turned into a slow piano ballad]].
* FieryRedhead: The subject of [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/the-zesty-redhead/ The Zesty Redhead]], obviously.
* GratuitousGerman: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/vorsprung-durch-technik/ Vorsprung Durch Technik]]; the only 3 lines of the song being random German phrases.
* HeavyMeta: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/its-too-loud/ It's Too Loud]] is in a hard rock style, criticizing hard rock.
* IAmSong: There's a ''[[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/category/i-am-things/ lot]]'' of these.
* IHaveAFamily: It Was The World
* InAWorld: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzJp-BJzNvs Yakety Sax The Movie The Trailer]]
* IncrediblyLamePun: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/coffin/ Coffin]]
* InnocentInnuendo: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/the-struggle-to-become-a-baseball-player/ The Struggle To Become a Baseball Player]] starts out sounding rather...suggestive, but then reveals that it was really all just [[spoiler: part of the struggle to become a baseball player.]]
* InTheStyleOf: Parodied in [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/i-am-trent-reznor/ I Am Trent Reznor]] and [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/i-am-bjork/ I Am Bjork]].
* InterspeciesRomance: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/cephalopod-love-song/ Cephalopod Love Song]]
* LiteralMinded: Andrew is this when he's given enough room to get away with it, and sometimes he focuses on a hole in a concept, meaning the song itself is something completely unexpected - at least to the requester - such as "[[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/this-girl/ This Girl]]."
* LongSongShortScene: A lot of very good songs just kinda get lost in the whole jumble of hundreds that there are.
* LoopedLyrics: Used in Celtic Techno Burrito where the only words are "intimidated by the size of my burrito".
** Also used in [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/i-am-slightly-awesome/ I Am Slightly Awesome]].
* LyricalDissonance: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/department-store-vs-predator/ Department Store vs. Predator]]
* MoodWhiplash: Listening through the archives can cause this. You can go from hearing a rap about cheese and crackers to a serious song about unrequited love right afterwards.
* MotorMouth: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/ymca/ YMCA]]
** Also, twice in [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/crunk-juice/ Crunk Juice]].
* MouthfulOfPi: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/i-am-the-first-fifty-digits-of-pi/ I Am The First Fifty Digits Of Pi]]
* MrSeahorse: Mr. Andrew himself in autobiographical [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/i-am-having-your-babies/ "I Am Having Your Babies"]].
* MundaneMadeAwesome: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/the-history-of-stwptcom/ The History Of STWPT.com]]
--> "It was only a matter of minutes before this website became the top hit at Google. Yes, the top hit!\\
No matter what you searched for, STWPT.com at number one! Unbelievable, literally, unbelievable!"
* NeoclassicalPunkZydecoRockabilly: This is the concept of the website. The songs cover a ''lot'' of genres.
** Whenever Andrew asks fans for genre suggestions, there's a lot of this.
** Andrew's started a series called "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8_A6ZYkAsI Double On Genre]]" where fans suggest interesting combinations of musical genres. So far, this has resulted in [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh-fEzp4ewc Latin + Rap]] and [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiB3-Kh1TfM&feature=channel_video_title Desert Slide Guitar + IDM Backbeats]].
* NinjaPirateZombieRobot: We Are The Robot Pirates. "Robots are good and pirates are good/We do all the things that a robot should"
** Due to popular demand, he eventually followed that up with [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/zombie-ninjas/ "Zombie Ninjas"]]
* PoliticalCorrectnessGoneMad: Parodied with [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/politically-correct-holiday-song/ "Politically Correct Holiday Song"]].
* ReadingTheStageDirectionsOutLoud: Requests are often taken too literally for humorous purposes. For example, [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/the-head-of-a-radio/ The Head of a Radio]]. It's also fairly common for Andrew to pronounce spelling errors made in the requests.
* RhymingWithItself: In [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/crunk-juice/ Crunk Juice]], Andrew rhymes "messed up" with "messed up", twice in a row.
* SeriousBusiness: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/tenino/ "I wanna clear this up: It's called Te-Neen-Oh, or Te-Nin-Oh. If you pronounce it any other way...I will cut you..."]]. Part of the joke is that the submitter made serious business of the fact that the town name is pronounced "Ten-Nine-Oh", and cited "te-neen-oh" and "te-nin-oh" as examples of how ''not'' to pronounce it.
* ShapedLikeItself: Being about making cupcakes while playing the bongos, a song called [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/bongos-look-like-cupcakes/ "Bongos Look Look Cupcakes"]] is about playing the bongos while making cupcakes.
* SillyLoveSongs: A lot of the paid songs are these.
* SingleStanzaSong: There's a lot of these, such as [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/a-bug-fell-in-love-with-a-cat/ A Bug Fell In Love With a Cat]].
* SnarkKnight: Andrew will come off as a bit of a LiteralGenie when doing requests. If you ask for a song about how everything is "totally photoshoped" then you get a song that's about [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/totally-photoshoped/ everything being totally photoshowp'd]].
* StopAndGo: One of the many things made fun of in It's Too Loud.
* StupidStatementDanceMix: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAVVff2U_Ko Do you like the smell of adventure?]]
** [[http://youtu.be/IdFkLpxH0Y0 "Bubble Bath"]] takes a clip from a [[BlackEyedPeas Will.i.am]] interview and turns it into the hook for a rap song about bathing.
* ThemeTuneRollCall: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/steampunks-theme/ Steampunks]] and [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/super-bettas/ Super Bettas]].
* ThisIsYourSong: Many fans have feeling that the outcome for the requester of [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/this-girl/ This Girl]] [[SarcasmMode was great and that it kicked off a beautiful relationship]].
* ThrowItIn: Evident in [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/when-a-cow-snapping-over-friend-chiken-xd/ When a cow snapping over friend chiken XD]] and probably the case in [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/i-am-something/ I Am Something]]. This happens a lot, apparently, since if you go to the lyrics page for the songs, a great deal of them will just have [adlib] as the words.
* TranslatedCoverVersion: [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/blue/ Blue]]
* UncommonTime: radio-friendly pop song "Alone" comes in 5/4 time. The uncommon time signature was the challenge.
* VillainSong: Theme for ''Webcomic/EvilPlan'', [[http://www.suturesound.com/stwpt/tracks/0540_evil_plan_theme.mp3 here.]]
* WordSaladLyrics: Many, but especially [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/i-empty-my-baby/ "I Empty My Baby"]]: The request mentioned that Andrew could rearrange the order of the lyrics if he wanted, so he took that idea ''much'' further than the submitter probably had in mind.
* XMeetsY: Parodied in [[http://www.songstowearpantsto.com/songs/50-cent-meets-creed/ 50 Cent Meets Creed.]]