Revamp is a Dutch Symphonic/Gothic Metal band formed by frontwoman Floor Jansen shortly after her former band dissolved in 2009. After their self-titled album was recorded, Floor suffered a burnout in 2011 due to exhaustive touring, vocal teaching and other duties which took some time to recover from. Shortly after she recovered, she was asked by Nightwish to finish the Imaginaerum World Tour after Anette Olzon left in September 2012, which delayed the release and tours for Revamp's second album, Wild Card, from spring 2013 to fall the same year.
- Floor Jansen - Vocals, Songwriter
- Arjan Rijnen - Guitar
- Jord Otto - Guitar
- Henk Vonk - Bass
- Ruben Wijga - Leopards
- Matthias Landes - Drums
- Jaap Melman - Bass
- ReVamp (2010)
- Wild Card (2013)
Tropes Displayed by this band:
- And Show It to You: The cover art for Wild Card has Floor doing this with a Slasher Smile on her face. Whether it's supposed to be someone else's heart or her own, however, could be up for debate.
- Darker and Edgier: Wild Card is certainly this to the self-titled.
- Gothic Metal
- I Am the Band: Floor
- Metal Scream: Floor, of all people, does one on "Here's My Hell". Becomes more frequent to the point of Soprano and Gravel in Wild Card
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: 8. Wild Card occasionally kicks it up to 9.
- Self-Titled Album
- Soprano and Gravel:
- In Wild Card, Floor provides the gravel to her own soprano for most of the songs! Death grunts and more are performed by her throughout most of the album in addition to the vocal styles she's already used. The best example would be in the song "Precibus" where the verses are sung in a operatic manner, the chorus her normal voice and the bridge the growls.
- In straighter cases of this trope, George Oosthoek in "Here's My Hell", Mark Jansen in "Misery's No Crime" and Devin Townsend in "The Anatomy of a Nervous Breakdown: Neurasthenia".
- Special Guest: There's quite a bit in both albums.
- Spiritual Successor: Revamp could essentially be After Forever part two, though there are differences between the two projects.