Music: Nami Tamaki
Singer, dancer, actress, and model.Born June 1, 1988 in Wakayama-ken, Japan, Nami Tamaki had always dreamed of becoming a singer from a young age. She is known for her radiating positive attitude and smile. In her mid-teens, she moved to Tokyo and attended many dance schools and auditions. In a Sony Music Audition, she performed Survivor by Destiny's Child and was selected out of 1000 contestants.After the anime Mobile Suit Gundam SEED came out around 2002, Nami Tamaki's 2003 debut single's Believe was chosen to be the third opening theme, seen here. In 2004, she released her first album, titled Greeting, under the record labels Sony and Tofu Records.She has had a few other anime and game industry tie-ins, as well as a few roles in stage plays, most notably the Japanese version of High School Musical, and films, such as the live-action movie version of the anime Lovely Complex. Since 2009, she has released music under the record label Universal-J simply under the name Nami.In her earlier years, she was popularly known as the Princess of JPop. Her music style shifts along the genres of JPop, dance-pop, pop-rock, R&B, and Disco. (That's right. You heard me. DISCO.) She currently has released five albums, 19 singles, and has compiled a few covers of other various songs from other artists. For more on her, check out the other wiki here.
- Make Progress
- Don't Stay
- Shining Star ☆Wasurenai kara☆
- Daitan ni Ikimashou ↑Heart & Soul↑
- Get Wild
- MY WAY/Sunrize
- Cross Season
- Winter Ballades
- Give Me Up
- Moshimo Negai ga...
- Omoide ni Naru no?
- Missing You... ~Time To Love~
- LADY MIND
- Graduation ~Singles~
- Tamaki Nami Reproduct Best
Things relating to Nami Tamaki:
- The Cameo: Nami acts out the role of herself in Radiata Stories.
- Cover Version: She covered quite a bit, from Tonari no Totoro to Gokigendaze~
- Darker and Edgier: LADY MIND and to a lesser extent, Missing you... ~time to love~ have an edgier sound/feel to them than her earlier works. To compare the music videos for Believe/Heroine and LADY MIND is almost mind blowing.
- Dead Star Walking: Subverted - Nami was offered a voice role in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, but turned it down.
- Not that Nami never voice-acted before - she played a small voice role in two episodes of the anime Agatha Christie no Meitantei Poirot to Marple around 2004-2005.
- Disney Channel: Honestly, Nami Tamaki's earlier style did pick up on some Disney-like effect...listen to DreamerS.
- Girlish Pigtails: In her music video MY WAY.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Whether or not you consider her overrated doesn't change the fact that she's been called the Princess of JPop for quite a while (by both America and Japan).
- Hotter and Sexier: LADY MIND
- Idol Singer: She started out pretty young as a Teen Idol.
- Kansai Regional Accent: Kinda obvious in the song titled Suki ya de ~ Itoshii Hito he...also considered a heartwarming song.
- New Sound Album: Ever since she shifted farther from the dance-pop and more into R&B and bubbly disco, fans have been a bit worried...
- LADY MIND has shifted back into dance-pop, but with less techno and an almost Chip Tune-ish sound.
- The Oner: LADY MIND (Dance Version)
- Surprisingly Good English: You still pick up on a little bit of Engrish every once in a while in her songs, but she isn't too bad.