- Youth and Young Manhood (2003)
- Aha Shake Heartbreak (2004)
- Because of the Times (2007)
- Only by the Night (2008)
- Come Around Sundown (2010)
- Mechanical Bull (2013)
"These tropes are on fire":
- Book Ends: "Use Somebody"; Caleb starts and ends with "I've been roaming around/Always looking down/At all I see".
- Band of Relatives/Sibling Team: Three brothers and their cousin.
- Break Up Song: "Closer".
- Big Rock Ending: Often enough.
- Careful With That Axe: "Charmer" and "Crawl" .
- Epic Rocking: "I Want You" and "Cold Desert".
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: So far, every album title has been a five syllable phrase.
- Intercourse with You: "Sex on Fire".
- Mood Whiplash: "Sex on Fire"/"Use Somebody".
- New Sound Album: Only by the Night.
- Sanity Slippage Song: "Crawl" and "Closer"
- Surprisingly Gentle Song: "I Want You"
- Silly Love Songs: "Use Somebody", "I Want You", "Be Somebody".
- Subdued Section: Often.
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Two words: Caleb Followill. One must assume that it's at least partially Oklahoman and yet there's another type of 'twang' that makes it completely different.
Always looking down
At all I see..."