"You're my enemy
All that we had has gone away
There are times that fade away
But you'll still be my enemy"
First things first, this is not the page for the funny stuffed bear.
No, this is about the band. Fozzy is a Heavy Metal
band fronted by the one and only Chris Jericho
, whom you all may know as the popular, ripped, handsome, and multi-talented professional wrestler. The band started off as mostly a cover band; their first two albums feature mainly cover songs, while their next 3 feature all-original music. The band was formed in 1999 in Atlanta, Georgia. Fozzy plays a melodic style of metal, combining elements of alternative metal, hard rock, traditional heavy metal, and progressive metal, leaning the most towards the former two. However, most class the band as simply 'heavy metal'. The band's drummer and guitarist, Frank Fontsere and Rich Ward, respectively, were previously members of the Rap Metal
group Stuck Mojo.
The band's name comes not from Fozzie Bear
, but from a parody of Ozzy Osbourne
's name; originally, the band was called Fozzy Osbourne. One year after the band's formation, they released their self-titled debut album. Due to Chris's time in WWE
, the band often takes a few years to release albums. They have a bit of a following in the metal world, and have had a bit of commercial success. Their 2005 single, "Enemy", received radio airplay on about 80 stations country-wide. Recently, the band released Sin and Bones
, their fifth album, which Chris claims
to be their Black Album
, referring to how he believes it will bring the band mainstream success as Metallica's 1991 album did. Cover Albums:
- Fozzy (2000)
- Happenstance (2002)
- All That Remains (2005)
- Chasing the Grail (2010)
- Sin and Bones (2012)
- Do You Wanna Start a War? (2014) (upcoming)
"Sin and Tropes:"
- Alter Ego Acting: For a while Jericho & McQueen denied they were the same person, although they both admired the other.
- Concept Album: Their first two albums tell the fictional story of how the band was huge in Japan. The covers of other band's songs were theirs in the story, and the real artists ripped them off. The story was cut after the band began writing original music, however.
- Epic Rocking: They have created two original tracks that past the 10+ min. mark: Wormwood (13:55) and Storm the Beaches (11:35) and it's really damn good. Not bad for a band that did covers in the 2000s.
- Live Album: 2005's Remains Alive
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: For the most part, a low 7.
- Renaissance Man: Let's see, Chris Jericho is a wrestler, actor, author, businessman, AND has time to record with the band. Talk about multi-talented!
- Stage Names: As part of the group's Kayfabe backstory, Jericho was billed as Moongoose McQueen.