Foals are an English Alternative Rock band from Oxford, known for their songs being used in the show Skins.Formed by Yannis Philippakis (vocals, guitar), Jack Bevan (drums), Jimmy Smith (guitar) Walter Gervers (bass) and Edwin Congreave (keyboard), they were founded in 2005 by former member Andrew Mears and had a really frenetic, Math Rock inspired sound. It remained that way until around 2010, when ''Total Life Forever'' came, showing a complete new direction in their music, much more Alternative guided (even Yannis' vocals were different). If this was good or bad, opinions diverge.As of 2015, they have released four albums:
- Antidotes (2008)
- Total Life Forever (2010)
- Holy Fire (2013)
- What Went Down (2015)
Their music contains examples of:
- Break Up Song: After Glow.
- Inhaler also sounds like one.
- Careful with That Axe: Inhaler, in the chorus.
- Dance Sensation: An apparent attempt at one is present at the end of the "Inhaler" music video.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Not only is The French Open sung partially in French, it's also the opening track to the Antidotes album.
- Gratuitous French: Again, in The French Open.
- Heartbeat Soundtrack: The beginning of Blue Blood.
- Long Title: Look At My Furrows Of Worry, Try This On Your Piano.
- Lyrical Dissonance: In After Glow:Get out, and go and find everyone who cared for youThey, won't be there to see you tomorrowGet out, don't forget everything you cared forFor it, won't be nothing more tomorrow
- New Sound Album: Total Life Forever.
- Word Salad Lyrics: Most of the songs from their Math Rock era.