does not lack this trope. Actually, it is more questionable which villains ARE NOT Complete Monsters
- Season 1 has couple of them with two who are likely the worst; Kevin Carroll, who pretends to be a friend, but secretly murders poor Janet (The Hero's daughter's friend) in the most brutal way possible, and Andre Drazen, who, unlike his father (who barely avoids this trope due to love for his family), has no human feelings, and he brutally murders hostages, even after he gets what he wants.
- Surprisingly, none of the terrorists in Season 2 are Complete Monsters, at least not as much as Gary Matheson. Who is he? He is a father of the girl who Kim takas care of. What does he do? He constantly abuses her. While at first he may seem like more of a Jerkass, it is later revealed that he has beaten his own wife to death, and then he locked her body in the trunk of his car. That is not the end, though. He blames Kim for that and murdered the police officer. True monster, indeed.
- The worst is, perhaps, recurring villain Nina Myers, who murders Jack's wife, participates in numerous terrorist actions, and allows the deaths of numerous innocents just for the money involved, without even the excuse of ideology many of the others have. Her death is one of the most satisfying in the entire series.
- Season 3 terrorist Ramon Salazar. He shot and killed his own brother to advance a deal on acquiring the Cordelia virus for a huge payout. Granted, Hector was distressed that his girlfriend got killed minutes earlier in midst of the deal, but damn. That was COLD. Even Nina Myers looked horrified.
- Habib Marwan is the ruthless Big Bad of Season 4, but he pales in comparison to his Dragon, Navi Araz. When you forcibly involve your teenage son in terrorist activities to the point of ordering his girlfriend's murder on the basis that she's seen him outside a building that will later play a very brief part in the plan, then order your son's murder based on him being unwilling to commit the previous murder, you're a Complete Monster.
- Abu Fayed of Season 6, who detonated a nuke in LA in addition to committing the brutal torture and murder of innocents. He is responsible for at least 13,000 deaths.
- Philip Bauer, Jack's father murdered his own son to cover his tracks, coldly sold out his country after being a major member in a conspiracy that killed the former President, almost started World War III, and will kill his grandson if the boy won't confirm to his standards.