I hardly found what I was looking for, but maybe I never really expected to find anything in the first place.Umibe no Onnanoko (A Girl on the Shore) is a coming of age series by Inio Asano. After being manipulated and subsequently rejected by a boy she had a crush on, junior high student Koume Sato begins to have sex with classmate Keisuke Isobe, a strange, introverted boy with a crush on her. However, both parties have serious emotional issues, and conflicts soon arise as they begin to spend more time together and others get involved.The manga is currently completed with two volumes.Be warned that the series contains graphic pictures of sex/genitalia and some blood and violence. There will also be some NSFW tropes on this page.
This work provides examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Koume and Isobe do it once together, then Isobe does it alone after their fight with a vibrator
- All Men Are Perverts/All Women Are Lustful: Though both Koume and Isobe only have sex so much as a way of trying to fulfil their emotional needs.
- Am I Just a Toy to You?: Initially, both Koume and Isobe state that they're basically with each other for sex.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: There are some moments.
- Big Screwed-Up Family: Isobe's parents are emotionally negligent and almost never home, while his brother committed suicide. To make things worse, Isobe still lives in their (shared) room with all of his brother's belongings around him.
- Driven to Suicide: Isobe's brother by the school's baseball team.
- Friends with Benefits: Though Koume is reluctant to even be seen with Isobe in public, they end up spending a lot of time together.
- Jerk Jock: Kashima's brother. Kashima is also sliding into this territory pretty quickly.
- Masochism Tango: Koume and Isobe are locked pretty tightly in it.
- No Periods, Period: Averted. Koume has her period twice: once when she's thinking about how she previously had sex with Isobe, and again when she's at Isobe's house.
- Scenery Porn: As typical of Inio, all the backgrounds regardless of setting (bedrooms, seasides etc.) are gorgeous
- Their First Time: Averted; Koume and Isobe's first time happens with little fanfare. It doesn't even happen in the manga—it's recalled as a flashback in the first volume.