Manga: Torikago No Tsugai
Torikago no Tsugai is a psychological manga by Toutarou Minami.When Kumo Shirasagi goes missing, six of her friends go looking for her in an abandoned amusement park. Unfortunately, they soon find themselves in a game with their lives on the line.
- Act of True Love: What the Purple Owl wants to see. Yuki calls her out on it, pointing out that the game has killed innocent people.
- Amusement Park of Doom: An abandoned one, at that.
- Big Bad: The Purple Owl. Her true identity is that of the amusement park's manager and daughter of the company president who built the park.
- Big Brother Instinct: Or sister. Yuki and Kumo were living separately at the time, but Yuki is determined to find her.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Yuma Takahara shows her true colors fairly early, but she isn't quite as bad as she seems. Kanamori is a much straighter example.
- Chained Heat: Happens to the players. Unusually, the players can disconnect at any time... If they're willing to risk punishment, that is.
- Dead Star Walking: Tsurumaki is the one who starts the search party and appears to be Ugawa's Love Interest. She dies during the first chapter.
- Disappeared Dad: Kurobe was raised by a single mother. His biological father was already married to another woman, and panicked when he found out he had an illegitimate child, so he hired someone to kill them.
- The Dragon: Kanamori, who is the Purple Owl's daughter.
- Extreme Doormat: Kuruma really only goes along with what's asked of him. Rather than coming across as pitiful, however, he comes across as really creepy.
- Heroic Bastard: Kurobe's father was already married to another woman when he was born. He panicked when he discovered that he had an illegitimate child and hired someone to kill them.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Yuki makes one in the final chapter. Chapter 15 reveals that Kurobe's mother made one when they were attacked by a guy hired to kill them by Kurobe's father.
- Love Confession: Kumo made one to Kurobe the day before she went missing.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: After the Purple Owl reveals that her husband was Kurobe's father, Kanamori reveals that the Purple Owl is her mother, making her and Kurobe half-siblings.
- Never My Fault: The foundation of Kuruma's Extreme Doormat philosophy: If he's just going along with what others want him to do, he can't be held responsible. Kanamori refuses to accept that she did anything wrong and tries to put all the blame on Kumo. Kuruma naturally comments on this.
- Offing the Offspring: Kurobe's father tried to have him and his mother killed when he found out about him. Kumo's mother tried to kill her when she became jealous of her daughter's writing talent. Kumo's father tried to stop her and ended up killing his wife by accident, and committed suicide out of grief and guilt.
- Parental Abandonment: The Shirasagi sisters' parents and Kurobe's mother are dead. In both cases, it was murder.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Yuki to Kanamori when she says that she hated her friends for having love, but didn't want to kill them and instead have them die on their own.
- Red Herring: Kanamori looks like she's going to be the Love Interest until she puts Kurobe in danger during a Moment of Weakness, then reveals her crush on Ugawa. Then we find out she's not only one of the main villains, but she's also Kurobe's half-sister.
- Your Cheating Heart: The Purple Owl's husband cheated on her, fathering an illegitimate child, then tried to have the child and the woman he cheated with killed when he found out about him.