Manga: Seigi No Mikata
Seigi No Mikata ("Ally of Justice") is a Josei manga by Chiaki Hijiri.Pity poor Youko, who's spent 17 years being tormented by her demonic older sister Sumiko. As our story opens, she suffers her latest humiliation when Sumiko tells Youko's hot new boyfriend that she suffers diarrhea, causing him to dump her. But this is par for the course for a woman who cheerfully maces the neighbors dogs, and permanently scares off all the patients at the health clinic she's just started working at. Youko can only hope and pray that one day, Laser-Guided Karma will finally hit its biggest target.But what's this? Youko's new boyfriend was planning to dump her as soon as he got some sex? And the dogs were terrifying the neighborhood? And the clinic was operating without a license? Why does Sumiko keep getting civic awards and recognition in the newspapers? Could she actually be an... ally of justice?!
- Arc Words: "My sister is a demon."
- Asshole Victim: If whoever Sumiko torments doesn't end up benefiting from her behavior, they'll usually turn out to be this.
- Chain of Deals: Sumiko wants to go on vacation. The whole charade begins with a new employee asking her to reserve a seat for the flower viewing and gives her a branch of cherry blossoms. On her way home, a woman asks her to lend her the branch to show to her bed-ridden relative - Sumiko gives her the branch and receives a bag full of organic vegetables. She leaves the vegetables with a colleague of hers, receiving tickets to a play for helping her colleague to get her picky kids to eat vegetables. When trying to cash the ticket in, she's approached by men who want to buy the ticket off of her for a famous woman to view the play and the woman gives her a rare, limited edition bag. Said bag later gets given to the vice president of Sumiko's company because a friend of hers wanted to buy such a bag, but it was sold out and gives Sumiko tickets and a reservation for a 10-Day Luxury Trip abroad.
- Decoy Protagonist: The manga is from Youko's point of view, but she's not really the main character.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Sumiko's specialty.
- Karma Houdini: Karma appears to be actually reversed for Sumiko: Her vicious pranks and acts of petty vengeance often end up as good deeds.
- Omniscient Morality License: How Sumiko acts.