Kamiya Hiroki has always thought women have it easy. This thought is only reinforced by his lazy 24-year old sister, who spends all day playing games. He always asks himself why he couldn't have it easy. Why he couldn't be a girl. His wish was granted when a mysterious reader of his blog told him on about a way to swap bodies.His experience was less than memorable.His real troubles however, came after he return to his original body. When he found his sister murdered, by his own hands.. He knows that no one will believe his story, so he set out on a quest to do the only thing he could do, avenge his sister's murder.
This series provides examples of:
- Action Girl Mikuriya Mikuni
- Ax-Crazy: Kirishima Sachi, who massacred his own family and is currently imprisoned. Subverted when the protagonists met him in person, that he immediately proved to be a valuable and helpful ally in their investigations despite the initial hiccups. Then Double Subverted when X's true identity is revealed: 'his insanity given form and life'
- Brown Note: Kirishima Ai's Cross Ability is to put anyone hearing her singing to sleep, at her mercy.
- Enemy Without: What X really is: Kirishima Sachi's insanity given form and life.
- Everyone Is a Super: Everyone has a special power that is manifestation of their true desire. However, the soul acts as a Power Limiter that prevents this power from actually being used, not unlike a square peg in a square hole. The Cross Method replaces the soul, resulting in a square peg in a round hole; this mismatch allows the power to leaks out and actually being used in a practical way.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip
- The Ghost: We only get to see Kamiya's father's hands, though if Kamiya's words are any indication, they have the exact same face.
- Murder Is the Best Solution What Mikuriya suggested about how to deal with the stalker.
- No Sell: Kamiya's Cross Ability is Unsleeping Guardian, which makes him immune to Ai's Brown Note.
- Parental Neglect Kamiya father left him alone with his sister to go on a business trip. Turns into Abusive Parents and Parental Incest with Offing the Offspring when everything's revealed in the final chapter.
- Shaggy Dog Story: They spend a majority of the manga to track down 'X', the prime suspect for the case. Then it's revealed that X had nothing to do with Kamiya's sister's murder, and that it turned out to be her own hand that killed her own physical body, and that the culprit for that particular case turns out to be their own abusive father.
- Slave to PR Mikuriya to a point she suggested murder to prevent a scandal.
- Stalker with a Crush Kamiya met one while in Mikuriya body.
- Stuffed into the Fridge Literal and figurative example in one: Kamiya did this to his own sister.
- Suicide, Not Murder: The final chapter revealed that Kamiya' father entered his sister's body to kill Kamiya, while his sister entered his own body. But thanks to Kamiya's Unsleeping Guardian, his sister fought off the assault, to the point of mortally wounding her own body. It's practically murder, suicide and Heroic Sacrifice at the same time.
- Teen Idol Mikuriya Mikuni