Koimoku is a manga created by Im Dal Young.Kouta Inamine, an aspiring young manga artist, is a total failure at whatever he does, but some of his work has caught the eyes of a busty beautiful mysterious editor from a B-rated magazine. Will he turn around his fortunes through her? Will he form a relationship between boss and subordinate?
This manga contains the following tropes:
- A-Cup Angst: Chapter 13. Sawanoguchi accuses Juumonji of this. Juumonji points out her breasts are normal sized and you can't compare her breasts with Sawanguchi's Gag Boobs.
- Babies Ever After: Kouta and Juumonji are expecting one in the final chapter.
- Beach Chapter: Chapter 13. Complete with overly skimpy swimsuits and a few Wardrobe Malfunction's.
- Berserk Button: Chika has Hair-Trigger Temper by default but calling her a "Rugrat" or touching her (anywhere) is a sure way to get into the world of pain.
- Blackmail: Hinata uses pictures from the night at the inn to blackmail Juumonji into helping with Inamine's new manga.
- And earlier she forced Chika into cooperation with Kouta by casually mentioning that it would be tough for "Chi-chan" to pay reimbursement for some earler outburst of her violence. It seems like blackmail is a modus operandi for Sawanoguchi.
- Comes back to karmically bite her in the ass, when Ozma founder Shougo Oomura gets wind of the picture, and uses it against her.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: At first glance Rune Iwasaki appears to be an unreliable Cloudcuckoolander, it turns out however that she is one of the four veteran mangakas recognized for her achievements in the industry.
- Hinata Sawanoguchi also appears to be one at first, until we see her at work she leaves the impression of someone who is so clutzy and airheaded that can drown herself by accident in her own bathtub.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Hinata is known infamously as "The Novice Eater" for burning a cadre of new, young manga writers out.
- Evil Redhead: Hinata can veer into the territory sometimes.
- Heroic R.R.O.D.: Kouta and Chika go for days without sleep. Kouta ends up getting a nosebleed from the insomnia and potential health risk as a result.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Miki Fujiwara.
- Manipulative Bastard: Shogo Oomura, Ozma's founder, is starting to be this the way he blackmailed Hinata in chapter 18.
- Older Than They Look: Chika. Kouta actually thinks she's a child during their first meeting, and tries lecturing her on her skimpy underwear.
- Slippery Swimsuit: Not surprisingly, cannonballing in a skimpy swimsuit equals a topless Hinata. And to top it off, it's apparently not the first time it's happened, according to Hinata herself.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Juumonji is taking Sawanoguchi's invitation to see Kouta's work. She isn't there to see Kouta or embarrass Sawanoguchi. Nope just doing research on the competition.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Mine-sensei gives Kouta a rather harsh one, along with destroying his manuscript, and calling it "Scribbles".
- The Rival: Sayaka Juumonji to Hinata (albeit friendly), and Minako Aikawa to Kouta.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: Uttered by Juumonji after a wild night of drinking and waking up next to Inamine in nothing but her bra.
Sawanoguchi: "3 of us at once was too much. You went too hard Sayaka."
- Next to Inamine and three other half-naked women.
- You Need to Get Laid: Sawanoguchi says Juumonji wouldn't be so wound up if she could find a man. A drunk Juumonji takes offence and decides to prove that she can "find a man". The above trope occurs.