Manga: Kanpeki Na Kanojo
Suwa Hinako seems to be the model student, excelling at academics, the liberal arts, and physical education. She's industrious and responsible, and what's more she's considered very attractive by most of the student body. However it's due to these same traits that she's considered extremely hard to approach or talk to, even by the other students in her class.Except for one exemption: Takeda Norihisa, the boy who sits in front of her in class. Takeda is, by all means, Suwa's opposite, a boy who doesn't stand out much in class at anything, but seems to be completely unfazed by his schoolmate's impressive reputation. This casual attitude he has when dealing with her puts Suwa off balance, and for once she has no clue how to deal with it.Initially curious at her schoolmate's attitude towards her, the more Suwa learns about Takeda's personal life, the more she feels drawn towards the goof. With Takeda's endearing personality, it's inevitable for the curiosity to turn into outright attraction. What's Suwa to do? Can she still keep up her "perfect" facade, at the same time cultivate her burgeoning feelings for her blockhead of a classmate?Also known as The Perfect Girlfriend, Kanpeki na Kanojo is a highschool romantic comedy penned and drawn by Wataru Akizuki. It was serialized in Action Comics under Comics High, and ran from November 2008 to November 2011. It is considered complete, with six compiled volumes out.
Kanpeki na Kanojo provides examples of these tropes:
- The Ace: Suwa is gifted at both academics and sports, and what's more admired by all members of the student body, both male and female.
- Bland-Name Product: All over the place, but one of the most obvious ones is the Special Robots PS2 game Suwa got by mistake, instead of the Random Musou game she accidentally stepped on.
- Childhood Friends: Tokiwa and Takeda.
- Class Representative: Being one of the most responsible people in her class, Suwa naturally fits the role like a glove.
- Friendless Background: Suwa. Everyone in school was so intimidated by her straight-A perfect student demeanor that they couldn't talk to her, which is why her interactions with Takeda stood out so much.
- Hair Decorations: Suwa's big red ribbon, which she's never seen without.
- I Didn't Mean To Turn You On: For all his cluelessness, Takeda somehow always manages to say just the right thing to make Suwa's heart skip a beat.
- Invisible Parents: Averted for Suwa's parents, especially her mother, who's always shown annoyed at how her daughter seems to be fussing around so much in her second-floor room that the dust keeps falling down on her in the dining area. Played straight for everyone else's parents however.
- Junior High: All the characters barring the adults are in middle-school, aka junior high.
- Last Minute Hookup: So very much so.
- Last Name Basis: Everyone calls everyone by their last name. It's only in the last volume that this starts to change, particularly when Tokiwa and Suwa start calling each other by their first names: Kaname and Hinako.
- Love Triangle: What Suwa thinks she's in, with Tokiwa as her rival for Takeda. She's got it all wrong because Takeda isn't really interested yet in either of the girls, and Tokiwa is interested in Suwa instead. Also later on with Hatsuse.
- Luminescent Blush: Suwa is prone to doing this a lot.
- Master of the Mixed Message: Many characters in this series, but both Suwa and Takeda are standout examples, as their lack of forwardness with other people have caused a whole lot of heartache.
- Non-Indicative Name: The title would make you think that Suwa was already in a relationship, but in fact it's the opposite.
- Oblivious to Love: Takeda is an especially bad example of this.
- Odd Friendship: How everyone else sees Suwa's relationship with Takeda.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: It's immediately obvious to the readers that Kana was interested in Suwa all along, and not Takeda. However five whole volumes pass before Suwa finally gets it.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Done nearly word-for-word by Takeda during his and Suwa's visit to the planetarium.
- Student Council President: Suwa is elected to be this during her second year.
- Title Drop: And done on the final page of the final chapter too!Suwa: And this is the story of me making my first step to be the perfect girlfriend.
- TomBoy: Tokiwa Kaname, to the point where she's considered as "one of the guys".
- Two-Teacher School: In full force. While group shots shows that there are other teachers, the only ones with any kind of meaningful panel time are the homeroom adviser for Suwa's class, and the old history teacher.