This show provides examples of:
- Creepy Child: Kills a cat before hitting elementary school, and it only gets worse from there. Even the way he's conceived - in his mother's stomach - is creepy.
- Humans Are Bastards: A main theme, and definitely something the protagonist believes.
- Kids Are Cruel: Seeing as most of the murders occurred when the protagonist was a young child, and seeing how his early victims were hardly sympathetic...
- Nameless Narrative: The protagonist's name is never given, and other characters are generally referred to as "my mother" or "the girl."
- Self-Made Orphan: Though he gets his lackeys to ultimately do it, it still stands.
- Surreal Horror: In spades.
- Unreliable Narrator