A 2009 horror manga by Nishioka Kyoudai, Kami no Kodomo (or God's Child) is the story of a budding serial killer who vows revenge on the world shortly after his birth. Told from his perspective, it's notable for both its surreal, Picasso esque visuals and the sheer amount of gore and disturbing content it contains in spite of its abstract style.
This show provides examples of:
- Creepy Child: Kills a cat before hitting elementary school, and it only gets worse from there. Even the way he's conceived — in his mother's stomach — is creepy.
- Humans Are Bastards: A main theme, and definitely something the protagonist believes.
- Kids Are Cruel: Seeing as most of the murders occurred when the protagonist was a young child, and seeing how his early victims were hardly sympathetic...
- Nameless Narrative: The protagonist's name is never given, and other characters are generally referred to as "my mother" or "the girl."
- Self-Made Orphan: Though he gets his lackeys to ultimately do it, it still stands.
- Surreal Horror: In spades.
- Unreliable Narrator