, the spirit of death
, is cursed for his sins
and must reap 666 souls
in order to get back his human body. Problem is, he's an Intangible Man
, thus can't actually kill anyone. Thus he takes Eve
, a trappish
young boy, and possesses him to use his death powers and reap souls
... Except it seems to get plenty sidetracked by people who are obsessed with 'Eden', and the inhumane acts
they commit to find it...
...Much better than it sounds.
Tropes associated with this manga:
- Awesome McCoolname: Judas? Awesome. Zero Equals Mascchettiano? Badass.
- Body Horror: Paul. Oh god, Paul. Also, all the experiments Sorahito did or the results from being injected with the Eden drug in general.
- Buried Alive: Oh my god, Eve.
- Death Seeker: Mizuki, and once upon a time, Eve.
- Friend to All Living Things: Kogiku
- Gender Bender: Eve, when Judas is using his powers to reap and then permanently after the Apostle Revival.
- Good Powers, Bad People: Most of the apostles.
- Hospital Hottie: Mizuki counts as one.
- Ill Girl: Kogiku
- Mad Doctor: Attacking and injecting others with syringes? Yup, Hibiki.
- Rain of Blood: First of the seven days of apocalypse
- The Problem with Fighting Death: Pretty much the reason why those obsessed with Eden go psycho.
- Time Master: Philip
- Utopia Justifies the Means: So Paul says.
- Reincarnation Romance: Eve is later revealed to be the very first eve, as in the eve that lived in the garden of eden, and is also Judas' first love.