Manga: Harisugawa in Mirror World
"Boys are creatures whose sight will follow the girl they like wherever she is. And if there it comes the chance that the boy realizes that the girl is in danger, if he is able to save her they will feel the ultimate bliss in life" is something that Harisugawa Tetsu has pointed out, and true enough he has always been following with his eyes the girl named Satomi Mao."
Thanks to certain circumstances in their childhood, a girl named Mao Satomi has always been friendlier with Tetsu Harisugawa than any other guy. Little does she know
that ever since he was young Tetsu Harisugawa had had a crush on her.
Tetsu chooses to keep playing the friend part, keeping his feelings hidden for the sake of not endangering the closeness that they already have. Tetsu believes that if he can build a good relationship with Mao little by little he will get to the point where he can confidently confess to Mao and not get rejected.
At first it seems that this "stalemate" will never be broken; however, one day Mao sees a strange mirror in a thrift store and for some reason she feels that she must have that mirror. Mao buys the mirror on impulse, completely unaware that the mirror will bring great changes to her life— as well as Harisugawa's.Harisugawa in Mirror World
(Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa
) Is a manga by KANO Yasuhiro and it's published in Shonen Jump
This manga contains examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: Harisugawa, due to the nature of the mirror.
- In one instance Mao "catches" him in the hot springs, but thankfully the misunderstanding is cleared up.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy
- Brick Joke: How he got into the mirror: Harisugawa saved Mao from getting hit by a car in the EXACT same way he did when they were young.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Suda and Harisugawa to Mao.
- Of course, given Harisugawa's current circumstances, he has good reason not to spit it out yet.
- Averted by Saki, saying she prefers to get things over with.
- Dude Magnet: Mao. Not that she notices.
- Failure Is the Only Option: A consequence of breaking the curse is that Harisugawa's love interest will lose all memories of being in love with him.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: As of Chapter 16, Saki tells this to Harisugawa.
- Not exactly, given that she hasn't really given up on him, just that she will let Harisugawa try his chances with Mao first, and says that he can always choose her if Mao rejects him.
- Love Triangle: Harisugawa likes Mao, who in turn thinks Harisugawa likes her best friend Saki, when it's actually the other way around. Turns out it goes both ways.
- Magic Mirror: Harisugawa gets trapped in one and much of the plot is driven by him trying to figure out how to get out.
- So far it lets him see the outside world through any mirror the Master Mirror (the original mirror) reflects, and it lets him switch places with Mao if they touch each other through the mirror.
- And now Saki too
- Mirror Scare: Juri was frightened when she saw a "weird looking guy" in Mao's dresser mirror. It was actually Harisugawa trying to see through a new "window" (a mirror that was reflect on by the Master Mirror).
- Nosebleed: Happens a lot to Harisugawa.
- Mundane Utility: Those trapped in the mirror do not need to eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom. Saki decides that this should be used to watch a 24 hour TV marathon.
- Oblivious to Love: Mao!! She finally figures it out in chapter 25
- Oh, Crap: Suda and Harisugawa pushed each other into the hot spring while the girls were entering.
- Panty Shot: Becomes a plot point.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: Harisugawa, of course.
- Poor, Predictable Rock: Mao almost always chooses Scissors first, a fact that all of those who are close to her up til middle school knew. She only learned about it when Matsukawa Saki told her.
- Porn Stash: Harisugawa, upon realizing that he'll be living in a mirror for awhile, heads home to get rid of the one in his room so his mom doesn't find it while he's away.
- Much to his dad's dismay.
- The Power of Love: Apparently the only way for Harisugawa to get out of the mirror is for all girls who are partners to return his affections and vise versa.
- Deconsructed as the partners will forget the affections once it's broken.
- Reset Button Ending: Due to the nature of the mirror, Mao forgot her feelings of love for Harisugawa. It's even lampshaded with both Mao and Harisugawa saying "Everything's back to how it was!". That's not to say Harisugawa will let things stay that way; in fact, just a few pages later he yells his confession to Mao.
- Tsundere: Suda
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: Harisugawa