Manga: Harisugawa in Mirror World
"Boys are creatures whose sight will follow the girl they like wherever she is. And if there it comes the chance that the boy realizes that the girl is in danger, if he is able to save her they will feel the ultimate bliss in life" is something that Harisugawa Tetsu has pointed out, and true enough he has always been following with his eyes the girl named Satomi Mao."
Thanks to certain circumstances in their childhood, a girl named Mao Satomi has always been friendlier with Tetsu Harisugawa than any other guy. Little does she know
that ever since he was young Tetsu had had a crush on her.
Tetsu chooses to hide his feelings and keep playing the friend part, for fear of losing the closeness that they already have. He believes that if he can build a good relationship with Mao little by little, he will get to the point where he can confess to Mao and not get rejected.
One day, Mao sees a strange mirror in a thrift store and buys it on impulse. Shortly after, she almost gets hit by a car, and gets pushed out of the way by none other than Tetsu Harisugawa. He immediately vanishes and later on, she discovered he is stuck inside the mysterious mirror.Harisugawa in Mirror World
(Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa
) Is a manga by KANO Yasuhiro and it's published in Shonen Jump
This manga contains examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: Harisugawa, due to the nature of the mirror.
- In one instance Mao "catches" him in the hot springs, but thankfully the misunderstanding is cleared up.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy
- Cannot Spit It Out: Suda and Harisugawa to Mao.
- Of course, given Harisugawa's current circumstances, he has good reason not to spit it out yet.
- Averted by Saki, saying she prefers to get things over with. Also, when Mao gets her feelings sorted out, she immediately says it to her crush.
- Disguised in Drag: A rare example when a guy disguises himself as a girl by stripping. To be specific, after falling into the hot spring, Tetsu tells Suda to strip and turn his back to the girls while Tetsu searches for a way to escape the place. Since he has long hair, Suda manages to pull it off.
- Dude Magnet: Mao. She's absolutely terrified of it, since the only guy she can hold a normal conversation with is Harisugawa.
- Failure Is the Only Option: The mirror's curse. If Harisugawa fails to find true love, he gets stuck in the mirror for eternity, or at least until another poor chap gets sucked in. At which point he will be returned to the moment before he dies. Otherwise, if he successfully break the curse, then the love interest will lose all memories of being in love with him.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: As of Chapter 16, Saki tells this to Harisugawa.
- Love Triangle: Harisugawa likes Mao, who in turn thinks Harisugawa likes her best friend Saki, when it's actually the other way around. Turns out it goes both ways.
- Magic Mirror: The Love Mirror. Harisugawa gets trapped in one and much of the plot is driven by him trying to figure out how to get out.
- So far it lets him see the outside world through any mirror the Master Mirror (the original mirror) reflects, and it lets him switch places with Mao if they touch each other through the mirror.
- And now Saki too
- Mirror Scare: Juri was frightened when she saw a "weird looking guy" in Mao's dresser mirror. It was actually Harisugawa trying to see through a new "window" (a mirror that was reflect on by the Master Mirror).
- Nosebleed: Happens a lot to Harisugawa.
- Mundane Utility: Those trapped in the mirror do not need to eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom. Saki decides that this should be used to watch a 24 hour TV marathon. Of course, it is also an excuse to get Harisugawa and Mao to be alone.
- Oblivious to Love: Mao!! She finally figures it out in chapter 25
- Oh Crap!: Suda and Harisugawa pushed each other into the hot spring while the girls were entering.
- Panty Shot: Becomes a plot point.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: Harisugawa, of course.
- Poor, Predictable Rock: Mao almost always chooses Scissors first, a fact that all of those who are close to her up til middle school knew. She only learned about it when Matsukawa Saki told her.
- Porn Stash: Harisugawa, upon realizing that he'll be living in a mirror for awhile, heads home to get rid of the one in his room so his mom doesn't find it while he's away.
- Much to his dad's dismay.
- The Power of Love: Apparently the only way for Harisugawa to get out of the mirror is for all girls who are partners to return his affections and vise versa.
- Deconsructed as the partners will forget the affections once it's broken.
- Reset Button Ending: Due to the nature of the mirror, Mao forgot her feelings of love for Harisugawa. It's even lampshaded with both Mao and Harisugawa saying "Everything's back to how it was!". That's not to say Harisugawa will let things stay that way; in fact, just a few pages later he yells his confession to Mao.
- Tsundere: Suda
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: Harisugawa