is a comedy manga and anime that parodies the High Fantasy
and Magical Girl Warrior
genres. The manga was released in six volumes, while the anime was a 3-episode OVA.
After a prank gone wrong, ditzy Princess Lapis of Sorcerland must undergo a long journey back home to the Diamond Palace. With her for this adventure are a young sprite, a directionally challenged immortal, and her math tutor.
Armed with the powerful magic eraser, and an unmatched love of pudding, Lapis continues forth righting the injustices of the world and defeating magical foes—even if it means she destroys the kingdom in the process.
Detatoko Princess contains examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Of High Fantasy.
- Anti-Magic: The Magic Eraser erases all magic within its blast radius.
- Big Bad: Topaz, who sends monsters to kill or hinder Lapis.
- Butt Monkey: Kohaku and Topaz get the brunt of a lot of comic relief, and Kohaku's status as an immortal swordsman makes him a very handy human shield.
- Cool Old Guy: Jii, Lapis's math tutor.
- The Ditz: Princess Lapis and Topaz.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Lapis is the princess of Sorcerland.
- Evil Overlord: Lady Elena.
- Fastball Special: Jii throws Kohaku in the way of some arrows, using him as a Human Shield.
- Golem: One is seen in episode 2, made of pudding. But it's actually something else.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: Kohaku's immortality is often played for laughs when he gets hurt.
- Human Shield: Kohaku is used as this once, as he can't die.
- I Choose to Stay: Played for laughs when Lapis wants to stay in the Pudding Forest forever.
- Like Mother Like Daughter: Like Lapis, Queen Sapphire isn't too bright.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Pudding drives a lot of the plot.
- OVA: The anime adaptation, which had 3 episodes.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: The king and queen have these.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Annie, the eight-year-old swordsman.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pudding, for Lapis. It's exaggerated to the point where she literally needs it to live and refuses to hurt a golem made out of pudding.