"Oh Christmas Troy, oh Christmas Troy..."
Putting silly things on people who, for one reason or another, are stuck in a particular pose.
The guards at Buckingham Palace
, whose duty it is to never move, are common targets for this. However, people under the impression that TV Never Lies
will be in pretty big trouble for actually trying this in Real Life
When it hews closer to "they passed out so we drew on them", it's Face Doodling
Buckingham Palace Guard Examples
- An episode of Mr. Bean involved him decorating the Buckingham Palace guards and doing funny poses with them
- The second Austin Powers has a montage where he and Felicity goad a palace guard into participating in this.
- In the Garrett, P.I. novels, the Dead Man has the psychic ability to paralyze trespassers who bust their way into Garrett's house. Dean, Garrett's crotchety housekeeper, has been known to hang raincoats or dish towels on psychically-frozen thugs' arms to dry.
- Seen in the Christmas Episode of Community, "Comparative Religion" (although Troy is actually standing still so Abed can do this).
- In a Christmas Episode of My Name is Earl, the tradition in Ernie's Crab Shack is the first one to pass out drunk gets to be the Christmas tree.
- On Wizards of Waverly Place, while Justin practices a time freeze spell, he puts a glass of water on Alex's head while she's frozen. This plan backfires as Justin falls to the ground, causing time to unfreeze and causing Alex to look down and having the glass fall on Justin.
- On Salute Your Shorts, Ug is in a trance after his girlfriend dumped him. One of the campers puts a danish on his head.
- In an early season seven episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dawn is paralyzed by a demon. Anya has fun posing her. When they have to run off to save the day, leaving Dawn sitting on the couch with her arm extended, Buffy comes back momentarily to stick a remote in Dawn's hand.
- In Kenan & Kel, Kel does this to Kenan's parents once the two become so shocked that they freeze when they realize their expensive TV was replaced.
- Jackie and Roseanne on Roseanne decorate Nana Mary like a Christmas Tree while she sleeps in one Christmas Episode.
- Justin of El Goonish Shive likes doing this to Nanase when her body's unconscious during the use of her Fairy Doll spell. He limits himself to the hairdo, however.
- In The Venture Bros. episode "O.R.B.", Hank and Dean cover Orpheus in toilet paper while he's astral projecting, which freezes his body.
- Given an especially funny twist in The Critic, when Jay gets stuck in the floor with his ass on display, which Doris immediately doodles a silly face on just before a People Magazine photographer pops in to take his publicity shot.