Establishing Team Shot
So the gang's all here! Hyped up for most of the arc this dream team makes an epic appearance! How? With a establishing shot with its name in bold letters of course! The Team establishing shot is a process when a newly assembled or created team appears in a a big flashy pose with them all together. It's common on covers but also appears on the back page or final shot when the preceeding installment has been about the formation of the team. Sometimes little bios or epithets for each of the members will accompany the images. It comes in many flavors of subtropes:
- "Super Sentai" Stance - when they have a standard "action pose"
- Team Shot - when it's a posed photo or portrait.
- V-Formation Team Shot - a very standard standing in a line.
- Jumping At The Screen - all the characters are jumping at the reader.
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- In Hunter × Hunter, the Thirteen Spiders got this during the YorkNew arc.
- Hao's Followers of Shaman King as seen When falling out of the Patch Plane
- These get used quite effectively in One Piece. Ninety-nine percent of the time, the Straw Hat Crew bicker, goof-off, are are otherwise consumed with bickering. About once every story arc, however, they pull it together for whatever it is they have to do (typically saving one of their own). Good examples are four of them marching on Arlong Park for Nami, or six of them (including one who was persona non grata, under an assumed identity) standing on a battlement, squaring off with the Cipher Pol No. 9 and declaring war against the whole world to save Nico Robin.
Film - Live Action
- The rotating team shot of Hawkeye, Thor, the Black Widow, Captain America, Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk in The Avengers.
- Another one later when Loki opens his eyes and sees the entire team glaring at him.
- The cover art for X-Men: First Class does this, with the X-Men on the front and Magneto's team on the back.