As a Death Trope, all spoilers will be unmarked. Beware.
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- In Bleach, as the previously stoic Ulquiorra dies, he discovers the meaning of The Heart.
- Grimmer in a particularly touching instance in Monster.
- The first time the Captain smiles in Hellsing is as he dies.
- Kanna from InuYasha shows emotion for one of the first times in the whole series just before she dies.
- In "Brutal", Russia was relieved that he'd get to see his sister Ukraine again once he dies.
Live Action TV
- On Once Upon a Time, this happens with the death of Cora. As her death is precipitated by literally restoring her heart (she removed it years ago), she is able to express her love for her daughter for the first time in Regina's life before she passes away.
- In Rick and Morty, Birdperson shows emotion for the first time upon finding out that his significant other has secretly been enacting a Honey Trap on him on behalf of the Galactic Federation. Immediately after showing confusion at her betrayal, he is killed when he shoots him multiple times with a laser gun.