"Light against dark. This is the end of all things. This is the last sunrise."
—Midnight, The Last Hope
The end of the stars draws near... Warrior Cats: Omen of the Stars
is the fourth arc
of the Warrior Cats
series. Serving as a direct continuation of the Power of Three
series, Omen Of The Stars
aims to conclude the story of Warriors
. With the ultimate battle of good and evil looming, three cats must unravel the secrets of the past to save the clans from the most legendary villains in Warriors history.
Six moons after their sister Hollyleaf vanished, Jayfeather and Lionblaze are still trying to determine whether Dovewing or her sister Ivypool is the true third
. While on a mission to another clan, Lionblaze witnesses Dovewing display strange powers and realizes that she is the true third. While Jayfeather and Lionblaze train Dovewing in the ways of the three, Ivypool's jealousy allows the villainous members of the Dark Forest
to lure her into their ranks. While training there, Ivypool learns that the Dark Forest members intend to declare war on StarClan. As the clans crumble, all cats must choose between attaining their desires or saving the clans.
This series provides examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: Flametail gets one in Night Whispers.
- Night Whispers also serves as A Day in the Limelight for ShadowClan, as they are shown in Flametail's POV chapters and Ivypool is kidnapped and briefly hangs around the camp.
- Also, the cats who go on the journey in The Fourth Apprentice, and Foxleap in Sign of the Moon.
- A Death in the Limelight: Flametail in Night Whispers and Firestar in The Last Hope.
- Ascended Extra: Dovewing and Ivypool were minor characters who didn't appear until the end of Power of Three, but they are both main characters in Omen of the Stars.
- Ax-Crazy: Mapleshade. When Tigerstar is scared of someone, you know they're bad news.
- Back for the Dead: Hollyleaf
- Berserk Button: When around Dovewing, don't accuse Tigerheart of being evil. Also, avoid betraying her.
- Big Bad: Brokenstar lead the cats of the Dark Forest.
- Big Damn Heroes: Honeyfern in The Fourth Apprentice shows up to save Jayfeather at a crucial moment.
- Blood from the Mouth: During Night Whispers, Jayfeather has a vision of blood pouring from the mouth of every cat in ThunderClan except Ivypool.
- Breaking the Fellowship: At the end of The Fourth Apprentice, all the journeying cats go back to their clans.
- Break the Cutie: Briarlight, literally.
- Cain and Abel: Subverted in The Fourth Apprentice when it looks like Breezepelt wants to kill his brother Jayfeather, but actually he wants to frame Jayfeather for the murder of another cat.
- Cassandra Truth: Early in The Fourth Apprentice, Dovewing finds out why the water has dried up, but because she is the youngest member of the clan and the cats find the cause ridiculous, no one will believe her. Fortunately, two well respected members of the clan realize that she's telling the truth and convince the clans to send a patrol to get the water back.
- The Chosen One: Or rather three. And in Sign of the Moon, there turns out to be a fourth.
- Also in Sign of the Moon, Half Moon is chosen by Rock to become a Stoneteller.
- Distressed Damsel: Ivypool near the ending of Night Whispers.
- Face Heel Revolving Door: Ivypool
- Five-Bad Band: The cats of the Dark Forest.
- Greater Need Than Mine: Longtail gives his food and water to Mousefur when supplies are limited by a drought.
- Happy Rain: The end of The Fourth Apprentice, when rain signifies that the drought is over.
- Heel Realization: Ivypool doesn't find out that the Dark Forest is evil until Night Whispers.
- Hostage For McGuffin: Ivypool in Night Whispers is held hostage by ShadowClan and is released in exchange for catmint.
- I Can't Feel My Legs: Briarlight.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Poppyfrost and Honeyfern towards Berrynose, but then Honeyfern points out that Berrynose is genuinely happy with Poppyfrost.
- Spottedleaf towards Firestar. When Mapleshade appears and hisses at Spottedleaf "Why didn't you let me kill [Sandstorm]? She stole Firestar's love from you." Spottedleaf replies, "There was nothing to steal. Sandstorm made him happy!"
- Late Arrival Spoiler: The third's identity is easy to guess because Dovewing is on the cover of The Fourth Apprentice.
- Morality Pet: Both Flametail and Dovewing to Tigerheart.
- Also, Berrynose's are his kits and Poppyfrost, but then he becomes much nicer.
- Mundane Made Awesome: The ending of The Fourth Apprentice where Jayfeather breaks the stick.
- Ship Sinking: LionXIce and JayXStick have no chance of coming back.
- JayXPoppy and JayXCinder is also broken.
- Sibling Rivalry: Dovewing and Ivypool, especially in Night Whispers. However, they make up at the end of said book.
- Slasher Smile: Mapleshade has one that you can practically see while reading in Night Whispers while attempting to drown Ivypool.
- Title Drop: Rock refers to the "Sign of the Moon" in Sign of the Moon. Also, there are several echo metaphors in Fading Echoes.
- The Unchosen One: Ivypool, who is not part of the prophecy, but still fights alongside the three.
- Unexpected Successor: Crag becoming the next Stoneteller.
- Villain Team-Up: All the villains of the first two arcs team up here to attack StarClan.