Literature / The Parasite War
The Parasite War
is a science fiction novel by author Tim Sullivan. It centers on a group of human renegades fighting to survive in the aftermath of an Alien Invasion
of protoplasmic aliens. It's similar in some respects to the ever-popular zombie apocalypse genre, but the virus is alien in origin and eventually eats the humans it infects while they search for other humans to feed on in the meantime.
- Apocalypse How: Planetary/Societal Collapse
- Ate His Gun: Alex tries this after realizing he's infected, but it fails because the colloid fought him.
- Ghost City: Philadelphia, after the colloids all leave.
- Hopeless War: Seems this way for a while. The other people the original grop encounters verbalize it several times. But they get proven wrong.
- Touched by Vorlons: Alex and Jo retain telepathic abilities with each other after the colloids leave them.