Literature: Katie Kazoo Switcheroo
Katie Carew, third-and-fourth-grade girl switches bodies with her friends and family
as a result of a wish on a shooting star
This series provides examples of:
- A Girl And Her Dog: Katie and Pepper.
- Cool Teacher: Mr. Guthrie.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Genie in the camping book.
- Everytown, America: Cherrydale. The state is unknown; the only real clue is that it is somewhere in the USA. It also fits most of the description of this trope; there is a single elementary school named after the town, most of the residents are friendly except for one or two, it is a Close-Knit Community and Nothing Exciting Ever Happens Here, the town’s history is very simple, and the characters are routinely involved in city affairs. Celebrity guests also visit the town with an alarming frequency. Following this, the plot of the book is “Katie turns into celebrity, messes things up, turns back, and then creates the celebrity’s new ad campaign based on her screwup”.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: The premise of the whole book.
- Gender Bender: One of the books has her transforming into her best friend Jeremy...who is a boy.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: George. Goes from complete jerk to comedian - after five minutes of talk with Katie.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Suzanne
- The Mall: Where everyone hangs out. EVERYONE. Usually at the candy shop or pizza place.
- Six Student Clique: Sort of.
- The Head: Katie
- The Muscle: George
- The Quirk: Jeremy
- The Pretty One: Suzanne
- The Smart One: Emma W.
- The Wild One: Jessica
- Summer Campy: This trope gets put into context of a science camp (the type of which most schools send the kids off to in March one year in any grade from third to eighth), with Genie, a female Drill Sergeant Nasty, as the instructor. The only deviation is that the other counselors are genuinely nice, as if to make up for Genie’s meanness.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Katie and Suzanne, respectively.