* "Body & Soul & Dick." A professor no one liked dies suddenly, and Dick is tasked with giving a eulogy, to his discomfort. In one of the most poignant moments on the show, Dick uses ''physics'' to give the eulogy, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDG0yBe4goY to excellent effect.]] (Also a CrowningMomentOfFunny when Tommy, Sally & even Harry find it laughable.)
* In "Alien Hunter" Dick admits that he's an alien to Charlotte, and then tries to pull a HeroicSacrifice by telling her he's the only one and the others are innocent bystanders.
* In "The Big Giant Head Returns," Dick finally gets fed up with how the BGH has the nerve to just interrupt their lives and try to take Vicki away from Harry, knowing he'll probably be consigned to some horrible fate on [[NoodleImplements the other Mars]].
** This is followed by Harry, touched by Dick willing to sacrifice himself for his sake, telling Vicki that she should be with "Stone" (the BGH's fake name), because, despite everything, he seems to genuinely love her, and Harry doesn't want Dick getting hurt.
* Dick doesn't mind when the BGH's niece, who's been posing as his wife, insults his looks and his personality. But when she insults his ''family'', [[BerserkButton that's when he gets mad]].
** However, when Janet announces she's going to explore the world, Dick takes a moment to warn her out of concern that the world is a big place.
** The episode has seen Dick separated from Sally, Harry and Tommy for months due to the previous season's cliffhanger. He kept hoping they'd come back and went back to the same spot they left from every night afterward.
* Showcasing how more considerate and sweet Dick becomes later on in the series, in season 5 episode "Gwen, Larry, Dick and Mary," Dick and Mary find themselves double-dating another couple (Gwen and Larry). When it becomes clear that they like Dick just fine, but don't like Mary because they think she's pretentious and boring, he begs them to give her another chance. After spending their whole next date awkwardly trying to tone down Mary's faults, he stops halfway through stopping her from telling a story and then demanding she go on despite Gwen and Larry's irritation with her. To top it off, after they leave, and Mary asks what the problem was, rather than tell her how much they didn't like her, he says he found ''them'' boring and pretentious to spare her feelings. They end up laughing about it.
* The final scene of the final episode, [[BookEnds where Dick, Sally, Harry & Tommy are back in their car, in the parking lot where they first materialized.]]
-->'''Dick:''' Lieutenant. Information officer. Transmitter.
-->'''Sally, Harry & Tommy:''' High commander.
-->'''Dick:''' [[TrueCompanions My family.]]
-->'''Sally:''' [[TearJerker Dick, I'm]] [[RunningGag leaking]].
* It may be brief, but in "A Dick on One Knee" Harry is tasked with finding "something old, something new; something borrowed, and something blue", his second attempt is "Blind Joe", an '''old''' man who plays the '''blues''' that he '''borrowed''' from the Tip-Top Club. When Sally asks Harry what's new about him, Harry says Joe is his '''new''' friend.