This is heartwarming moments page for ''ComicBook/TheWalkingDead'' comic.
For the [[Series/TheWalkingDead TV show]], see '''[[Heartwarming/TheWalkingDeadTVShow here]]'''.
For the [[VideoGame/TheWalkingDead video game]], see '''[[Heartwarming/TheWalkingDeadVideoGame here]]'''.
* Carl explaining to Rick that he still loves his dad, even after everything they've been to and all the terrible things they've both been forced to do.
* Glenn and Maggie's wedding, presided not by a preacher, but the most spiritual member of the community. No invitations, since they just assumed everyone would come. Nothing but a speech, custom-made wedding vows, and a kiss. It shows that even after the apocalypse, with the worst of human nature surfacing, love still finds a way.
* In the No Way Out arc, Rick is holding of the zombies alone so that [[spoiler:Carl has a chance.]] He's being overwhelmed. Cut to each of the members of the group seeing him fighting alone, and each one of them going out to help fight them. [[spoiler:''They win''.]] In a series devoid of optimism, this also doubles as a CrowningMomentOfAwesome.
* Rick forgiving Nicholas after his failed mutiny, making him see that everyone needs to work together to survive rather than killing him, despite admitting later that he really wanted to.
* After the thirty-issue run as BigBad for Negan, Rick comes up with an appropriate punishment for him. [[spoiler:CruelMercy of living out the rest of his life watching his people flourish.]] After the WarIsHell that came before this moment, it's refreshing to know that no matter what has happened so far, [[spoiler:Rick still hasn't broken completely]].
* The second half of issue 34 (especially [[ColdBloodedTorture considering]] [[WhamEpisode what]] [[TearJerker happened]] right before)which shows [[spoiler:Morgan and his son celebrating Christmas together. They're all alone in the middle of a ruined world crawling with the dead and yet Morgan still found time to get his son a gift for the holidays. After all the death and suffering readers had gotten used to seeing its a nice change to see that not only are they still alive but actually able to enjoy something from their past lives before the world completely went to shit.]]
-->"I love you dad."
-->"I love you too son."
* Issue #160 has Maggie refuse Dante's romantic feelings for her on the grounds that [[spoiler: she will only ever love Glenn, the love of her life. When Dante snaps that she's making herself unhappy because of her dead husband, Maggie refuses and says she's happy when she thinks about him. This issue was also the first to be released after the TV adaptation of Glenn's death aired, making the scene all the more poignant.]]