open/close all folders
Bob Barker (1972-2007)
- October 15, 1985: Bob Barker's tribute to Johnny Olson after his death on October 12, 1985.
- November 2003: Similarly, the tribute to Rod Roddy following his death on October 27, 2003.
- November 10, 2004: Michael proposes to his girlfriend, Rosie, after spinning the Big Wheel in the Showcase Showdown. And while everyone's still in shock, he hits a dollar! Even Bob can't believe it.
- And just to cap off the heartwarming/awesome, Michael won his Showcase ($23,750 all told), slipping the ring on Rosie's finger while the Wedding March played to end the show.
- June 15, 2007: Bob's last sign-off as host of Price and in his 50-year television career.
Bob: I want to thank you very, very much for inviting me into your homes for the last 50 years. I am deeply grateful. And please remember: help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered. Goodbye, everybody!
Drew Carey (2007-)
- The reason why Drew is involved in the show (and carries on the spay/neuter signoff) is because he loves and admires Bob Barker.
- September 4, 2012: On the 40th-Anniversary Special, contestants who won prizes years ago returned for another chance to win. One woman who returned told the story of how she came onto the show the first time: she had gone through a divorce and became homeless. She didn't get a ticket to appear on the show at first, but she sat in front of the studio and managed to get in. She won $12,500 in Plinko, $1,000 more on the Big Wheel, and finally the Showcase for a total of $48,578. She wasn't homeless anymore after that.
- May 15, 2013: Drew gives a heartfelt sendoff to Scott Robinson, a staff member on the show who knew how all the games worked and taught Drew everything about the games when he first started out. Drew broke down in Tears of Joy and gave Scott a hug as he waved goodbye to Scott.
- December 12, 2013: Almost all of the episode celebrating Bob Barker's 90th birthday. He entered to the sound of an excited crowd (and the original Barker-era TPIR theme music), called a contestant to "come on down," presented one of the Showcases (to the contestant he called on down, no less), and at the end, he and Drew did the "have your pet spayed or neutered" plug together.
- The April Fool's Day 2015 episode opening, in which after Drew Carey's introduction, Bob Barker came through the curtains and hosted the first pricing game.
- Say what you will about the 2012 revival of the Australian Price, but Larry Emdur's tribute to Ian Turpie (host of the 1981-86 and 1989 versions), who passed away a few weeks before this version began production, on the premiere was pure class.