The 1970s series
- At the end of "The Fight of the Felix", when Oscar takes a punch for Felix and they have their "standing up for each other" talk.
- A meta moment; when Jack Klugman was hospitalized for throat surgery, the first person to come to his side was his dear friend Tony Randall.
- The ending of "The Fat Farm" where Oscar tells Felix that he'll be happy even if he only lives 20 more years while Felix lives 25. Felix's (tearful) response? "I'll miss you."
- Paul Williams Parental Love Song from "The Paul Williams Show."
The 2015 Series
- In the pilot, Felix showing the slideshow of his and Oscar's trip to the beach with their (now ex) wives, and Oscar slowly realizing he misses his ex-wife.
- Oscar gives up the chance to have sex with Casey, a professional model, to track down and comfort Felix, who's depressed because it's his first birthday since separating from his wife and because they happened to meet on his birthday as well.