For an 80s
action series, this show had a surprising number of heartwarming moments.
from The Movie:
- At the start of the movie, Hannibal holds up BA to hijack his van, and notices BA's Ranger tattoo. BA warns Hannibal not to talk shit about his old battalion, and joins in when Hannibal recites the Ranger Creed as a Trust Password. And when Hannibal asks for his help to rescue a brother Ranger, BA jumps in with no hesitation. BA may be a thug right now, but deep down inside he still believes in the cause.
- And later, after they rescue Face, he starts half-playfully giving BA a hard time about how he helped with the rescue after Hannibal shot and carjacked him. BA shows Face his Ranger Tattoo, and he immediately thanks him for his help.
- After finding out they've been betrayed by General Morrison, they ask, "Could you ever do that to us?" Hannibal replies "Never in a million years."
- In the extended edition he adds: "I'd rather be shot by a firing squad first."
- During the court martial, Hannibal tries to take full responsibility so the others can get off easier. The others all immediately refuse to accept the offer to be tried separately.
- When Face is doubting his plan towards the end of the film, Murdock points out that he's got the most on the line here & he's still putting his faith in Face, before reassuring him that whilst he's crazy, he's not that crazy.