- In earlier seasons Matt was dating a deaf girl named Heather. at the start of the the relationship they communicated by sign language and written messages but after a date Heather reveals that she can speak but often doesn't because people make fun of the way she talks. After she leaves, a stunned Matt remarks that he thinks it's the most beautiful thing he's ever heard.
- "It Happened One Night" is about the Camdens' struggle to quell the newborn twins' incessant crying. Lucy succeeds by singing to the babies. Relieved, the other Camdens join in. The episode ends with the whole family finishing Lucy's song in unison, as the scene fades to black.
- Rev. Camden adding a picture of of Robbie on his desk next to those of his wife and biological children, showing how he considers him a part of the family.
- Lucy's birthday present to Eric in season 5: Telling him she wants to follow in his footsteps as a minister. Showing him the reason she chose this path is even more so, as Lucy invited everyone that Eric had helped over the first five seasons to the celebration.
- Kevin proposing to Lucy at an elegant Valentine's Day dinner, in front of the entire Camden family.
- Say what you will about the sudden eleventh season after the show's hyped finale, but the true final episode of the series is pretty sweet. Especially the final moments in which the family piles into the RV with their things and invites a recurring extra along for their road trip.
Today is the first day of the rest of my life.