Heartwarming: Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.
Doorway to Destruction Part 1
- The framing device for the story; Rick wants to show the world that Hulk isn't as bad as people make him out to be.
- The little girl's reaction to being saved the Hulk.
- When everyone else comes back to rescue Hulk from the Negative Zone.
- The fact that Hulk wasn't mad that Iron Man made a Hulkbuster unit to fight him, he was mad because Iron Man made Hulkbusters designed to take down his friends and family.
- And after they foil the Leader's plan, Iron Man tells Hulk that he'll be decommissioning the Hulkbusters. Hulk's response? He tells Tony to keep one in case he or any of the other Hulks ever lose control.
- Red Hulk admitting that while he may not like Hulk, he still respects him nonetheless.
- Hulk feeling responsible for Rick, feeling that he's the reason he became A-Bomb and is in danger with the rest of the team.
- Skaar turning on the Leader to save the other Hulks, then admitting that he considers them to be family.
- Despite the fact that the queen of the Larva Beasts was now attacking Hulk's hometown and no longer Subterranea, the Moleman and his minions decide to help Hulk rescue his hometown from her instead of being ungrateful bastards as what would normally be expected from villains. When the threat is finally dealt with, Hulk acknowledges their efforts and gives Moleman back his crown and title as a reward.
- Ego was willing to give himself up to let the agents escape due to them trying to help him.
- The Hulks come across an Eldritch Abomination that makes their greatest fears come to life to gain power; Hulk's temper becomes hair-trigger and he becomes overcome with rage, A-Bomb deals with Bozo the clown before becoming one himself, Skaar is turned into an immobile robot and Red Hulk is weakened until he becomes a despondent weakling. Jen is rendered so cold she freezes solid. The whole episode up to that point is equal parts scary and a little hopeless, almost a Darkest Hour, as the entity plans to go to Earth to terrorize everyone else. However, what snaps then out of its influence and being possessed by its power is seemingly losing Jen. The entire team pulls together or if concern for her and reign in their fears with Red Hulk, having butting heads with her almost as much as Hulk, using his heat powers to melt her free. It really was an emotionally compelling moment, given how the rest of the show is.