Heartwarming / Erik the Viking
- Despite how over the top it's played out, there's something very sweet about the mothers' and wives' concern for the men as they set out on their quest for Valhalla.
Harald: (in a comforting tone) It's all fantasy, there is no edge to the world. There is no Dragon of the North Sea.
Weeping Woman: (crying) That's what you say! (Harald then gives the woman a comforting hug)
- When Aud tries desperately to convince Erik to let the ship fly off the edge of the world.
Aud: Do you believe I love you? You don't have to love me, but do you believe I love you?
Erik: ...Yes, I do!
Aud: Then let go!
- Sven finding his grandfather in Valhalla near the end of the film. Also, Sven's Dad recognized him even though he was disfigured from the injuries he kept when he died.
- While Erik and the crew are being cast out of Valhalla and cast into Hel. Watching the crewmates who were killed, like Snorri and Thorfinn attempt to save them was very touching.
Snorri: (grabs hold of Erik) Erik!
Erik: Ugh, let go Snorri!
Snorri: I've got you!
- After Ivar dies begging and panicking in the ship battle, Harald the Missionary sneaks a sword into his hand before anyone else notices to save his reputation.