Heartwarming: Before Watchmen
- Issue 3: Gretchen's debut. At first she's the doctor that Ursula has Hollis take her to to patch her up, and it's clear that she's her Understanding Girlfriend. She is quite terse to the both of them, before cleaning her and digging the bullet out of Ursula. After she dismisses Hollis, she has a more humanized moment where her glasses stop being Opaque Lenses for a while, as she has considerable effort to drag Ursula out of the bath, wrapping her in bandages, and reciting the poem of the Silhouette while tucking her into bead.
- In Issue 4: despite being kicked off the team due to her orientation, Silhouette shows almost no ill will, even telling Hollis not to judge Justice and Metropolis, for voting her off, because hiding one's orientation is a hard task, especially with all the intolerance which she would witness first hand a few weeks later. Despite the fear of Bad-Press, Hollis and Byron still tried to keep her on the team, and she tells him she appreciates it, and the three of them can continue to track down the child killer.
- In issue 6, despite not being in it for the fame, Hollis gets the Key to the city, and is one of the few, possibly only, member of the team to depart with dignity, with everyone showing his accomplishments and praising him as a hero, showing the scene foreshadowed in issue 1's cover. He admits that after taking a physical beating a few days ago, and taking an emotional beating from the loss of so many friends, he needed this.
- Hollis finally retires, letting the new age of superheroes take over, he can be seen playing with Laurie at the beach with Sally watching, and later greeting her at the airport.
- Byron giving Hollis his current residence and garage, as a farewell gift. It's also his last action while he is still mentally healthy.
- In Issue 2: Moloch really tries his best at being a good man, and you can really see all the effort he puts into his job and even his visit to Janey Slater.
- The final scene with Dan and Hollis in issue #4.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.