Growling Gut: Animated Films
- In Bolt, Bolt's stomach growls, and he freaks out over it thinking that Mittens implanted some kind of poison in him. Mittens' stomach growls at another point in the movie.
- In A Goofy Movie, Max's stomach growls while he and Goofy are in their car trying to stay safe from Bigfoot.
- In Hugo the Movie Star, Hugo's stomach growls four times.
- Ice Age
- While the main three are walking over an ice-covered volcano, they hear a deep rumbling. Manfred then says to Diego, "Tell me that was your stomach."
- Supposedly, Sid's stomach growls in Ice Age 4, but Diego doesn't believe it. (At least this is according to the trailer.)
- This also happened twice in The Iron Giant, first to the giant, due to having nothing to eat (He eats metal), and the second time to Kent Mansley due to a milkshake that Hogarth laced with laxative.
- Po's stomach growls at the beginning of Kung Fu Panda 2, leading to this gem:
Po: My fist hungers for justice!(growl)Po: That was my...fist.
- The Land Before Time
- Ducky’s stomach growls in front of Littlefoot just before they encounter Petrie.
- Not only does it happen to Ducky again in the sequel, but it happens to Petrie as well.
- In The Lion King, Banzai's stomach growls while he’s waiting with the other hyenas to start the wildebeest stampede.
- Also in The Lion King 1 1/2, Pumbaa's stomach gurgles a couple times before he lets out a big fart causing all the animals crowding him and Timon to faint. Some of the other animals saw them fainting and thought they were bowing and decided to bow with them.
- Happens to Elliott the clumsy but kind-hearted dragon in the 1977 Pete's Dragon when he drinks some sort of an alcoholic beverage offered by Hoagie and Lampie, causing his tummy to rumble, wiggle and shake which triggers a fiery belch chasing them away.
- Happened to RJ at the beginning of Over the Hedge.
- In the 2009 BBC adaptation of "The Gruffalo", this happen to the Mouse due to hunger at the start of the movie, just before meeting Fox for the first time. It happens a second time near the end.
- In Ratatouille, Remy's stomach growls while he's in the sewer.
- Happens to Wallace in the Wallace & Gromit movie The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.