- One of the ways Dr. Belljar can attack the Chronoskimmer is by punching buttons on a keypad-like panel on the exterior before shorting it.
Dr. Belljar: Sorry, my PIN number didn't work!
- When the V.I.L.E. henchman of the week sabotages the ship and incites a Data Boost, there's a number of stock ways the Chronoskimmer is affected. Most of the really funny ones happen when it cuts to the flashing "DANGER" sign on the bridge, Screen Shakes, and shows Kevin flailing around to hit the Engine Room comm button, where one of the following might be shown:
John: Kevin, we're feeling a little like birdseed here!
- The Engine Crew is shrunk to about a foot or so tall, and are up close and personal with an interested parrot.
John: We're stuck in Times Square.
- As Alaine puts it, the Engine Room is transformed into a ticker tape parade, with paper confetti raining down on them.
- Warped to Times Square in New York City.
Jamie: Look out for that bus! [yanks him out of the way as one rolls by from the background]
- Season 2 Episode 3, which dealt with apprenticeship, had a great skit involving the Cluefinder door malfunctioning:
Fumbles: See, I throw this switch...and the little red light goes on.
- It activates for no discernible reason and gets stuck half-open, so Kevin calls the Chronoskimmer engineer, Fumbles McWhoops, to fix it.
- She comes up carrying a "quantum oscillation interdimensional relay"; in other words, a Big Electric Switch with several loops of large wires on the sides and a red LED on the front and shows it to Kevin and the kids, completely disregarding the door.
Kevin: Okay, and what does the little red light mean?
Fumbles: ...That I've thrown the switch!
Rightmost Kid: [sounding like she's trying not to laugh] Where did he go?
- She then demonstrates it, and Kevin asks if he can try, but she very strongly objects, saying it takes years to learn how to operate something like this.
- After some time discussing Benjamin Franklin, Fumbles is struck with inspiration to add another red LED to the switch, to remind users not to leave the first one on for two long, because LEDs are expensive and apparently burn out, too.
- Then she leaves, leaving the door untouched, so Kevin resolves to fix it himself. He reaches behind the door, which opens the rest of the way and causes him to fall into the smoke and get lost in time. The contestants' reactions are priceless, because they all seem to feel differently about it:
Center Kid: [looks frantically back and forth between his competitors] What should we do!?
Leftmost Kid: [sounding mildly concerned] Is he coming back?
Kevin: Wow! That was, bar none, the strangest three years of my life.
- Then Kevin does come back, dressed as a caveman.
- Jacqueline Hyde's conversation with Carmen at the start of Season 2 Episode 11 (where they steal labor unions):
Jacqueline: Why, hello, Carme-kins! [switches to Hyde mode] Blech! Sometimes I make myself wanna retch!
Carmen: Well, don't do it here!
Funny / Where in Time Is Carmen Sandiego?
Let's face it: in a World of Ham like this one, funny moments are abundant and plentiful.