Funny / 2001: A Space Odyssey
Was this really necessary?
- During the Also Sprach Zarathustra intro, the most dramatic part of the score is not reserved for the title or the on-screen vista—an extraordinaire alignment of celestial bodies—but for the appearance of Kubrick's name.
- At first, the ape-man smashing the skeleton is rather comical, with the clanking of bones and all, and Soundtrack Dissonance. But then, a shot of the ape lifting up the bone...
- Dr. Floyd reading the long list of instructions for using a zero-gravity toilet, as shown to the right.
- HAL's entire sequence as Bowman tries to get into the master control room. However, it ends pretty abruptly afterwards.
HAL: Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.
- Seeing one of the man-apes push a tapir away when it got too close.