- Numerous interactions between the characters in 3rd Grade are a CMOF. Including:
Fletcher Limburger: Well.... peanuts, anyone?... that's what folks are saying— and there's an old superstition about a monster and a lost city.Santiago: Superstition?Leslie: Lost city?Joni: Monster?All: OWEN!!
Santiago: Trap door!Joni: Whee!Santiago: Whee?
- In 3rd Grade, taking one of the halves of the key needed to enter the lost city reveals a trap door which leads them back to the fork in the road where they started. This leads to this exchange.
- When Fletcher Limburger is revealed to be the bad guy, he gets away from Joni and Santiago by practically flying over them and into his airplane disguised as Mathra.
- ClueFinders 4th Grade Adventures:
Santiago: Well, Joni, I guess this makes you an international jewel thief.Joni: Could you at least pretend you're helping, Santiago?
- After Joni tries on an ancient Egyptian ring and goes home with it as it won't come off:
Loveless: Once I have the ring, I can proceed with... the ceremony!
- Owen is no more helpful, only suggesting the ring likes Joni.
Professor Botch: Oh, are you getting married? How lovely!
Loveless: I'm not getting married, you twit! I am an evil man, and I am up to no good!
- From the same game, Alistair Loveless' Evil Laugh is parodied by him coughing, followed by "I swallowed my mint".
- The heroes encounter a tribe of talking mice who will give them gems for cheese.