Funny / The Birds
There are two completely unrelated stories, from different eras, by this name.
The Aristophanes play
The Hitchcock film
- The hilariously OTT bogus soothsayer (whose oracle is all about what to give the first soothsayer who comes to Cloudcuckooland), and how Peisthetaerus sorts him out.
- When talking about making offerings to the birds:
Peisthetaerus: Is a goat being slain for King Zeus, there is a King-Bird, the wren, to whom the sacrifice of a male gnat is due before Zeus himself even.
Euelpides: This notion of an immolated gnat delights me!
- Some of the Take Thats Aristophanes throws in, if you know the history of the time.
- Euelpides' idea of the trouble he wouldn't mind. Peisthetaerus', however, does not qualify due to Values Dissonance.
- Melanie Daniels and Mitch Brenner's sniping back and forth in the pet store.
- "It's the end o' the world!"
- The trailer has Hitchcock give a lecture about how man has benefited from the hunting and capturing of birds, before a flock storms to attack.
- "I THINK YOU'RE EVIL! EVIL!!!!!!"