- His real breakout performance at an appearance on Rodney Dangerfield's ''9th Annual Young Comedians Special''.
- His first HBO hour-long special contains a scene where Sam reverts to his old days of Bible-thumping preaching, thirty seconds of intense Honest-to-God revivalism that wows the audience.
Sam: "Wooooo, what a rush!"
- Joking about the first Persian Gulf War (the 90s version): "I've had parties that lasted longer than this thing."
- "Hey, were you in World War Three?" "No, but I was at one of Sam Kinison's parties once! I'M LUCKY TO BE ALIVE! I STILL HAVE IRREGULAR HEARTBEATS..."
- Sam's solution to world hunger: "MOVE OUT OF THE FUCKING DESERT!"
- One of his more outlandish Jesus jokes:
Sam: "Hey Jesus do you remember this noise?" (bangs the floor with the microphone like he's using a hammer)
Jesus: "YEAH I CAN NAME THAT TUNE IN TWO NOTES!"
- Proof that Jesus was never married: no wife would ever believe the Resurrection story.
Sam: He takes off Friday with twelve other guys...
- Every routine where he cuts down a hypocritical televangelist. Made more powerful by the fact Kinison was an ex-preacher and was personally horrified by the actions of Jim Bakker and Oral Roberts and others during the spate of late 1980s scandals.
- "Love Song". Sam starts off with a nostalgic and mellow flashback to a bad relationship and offers up a song... that quickly devolves into a series of insults and a screaming demand "I want my records back!"
- Sam's guest appearance on In Living Color!, in which he stars in his own family entertainment sitcom "The Kinisons." It's as evil as it sounds.