Funny: Rear Window
- Here's a nice little bit of Gallows Humor for you.
Lisa: The last thing Mrs. Thorwald would leave behind would be her wedding ring. Stella, do you ever leave yours at home?Stella: The only way somebody would get that would be to chop off my - finger. Let's go down to the garden and find out what's buried there.Lisa: Why not? I always wanted to meet Mrs. Thorwald.
Stella: He'd better get that trunk out of there before it starts to leak...(Jeff spits out the drink he's just swallowed)
- Dude! Stella is all about the dark humor!
- All of Jeff's nicknames for his neighbours, like Miss Lonely-Hearts and Miss Torso.
- "When two people love each other, they come together - WHAM - like two taxis on Broadway." Why thank you Stella, for that charming description of what exactly love is.
- Jeff twice has to tell Lisa to shut up so he can finish a thought. What could've been rather harsh coming from anyone else is made hilarious by Jimmy Stewart.
- There’s also something to be said for the tense, dark comedy of Jeff’s frantic defense against Thorwald via Blinding Camera Flash.
- After Doyle gives Jeff and Lisa his reasons for doubting that Thorwald killed his wife:
Lisa: Jeff, you know if someone came in here, they wouldn't believe what they'd see.
Lisa: You and me with long faces, plunged into despair because we find out a man didn't kill his wife. We're two of the most frightening ghouls I've ever known. You'd think we could be a little bit happier that the poor woman is alive and well. Whatever happened to that old saying: 'Love thy neighbor'?
Jeff: You know, I think I'll start reviving that tomorrow. I'll begin with Miss Torso.
Lisa: Not if I have to move in to an apartment across the way and do the Dance of the Seven Veils every hour.
- The final shot of the film: a reprise of the first, panning across the various apartments and over onto Jeff's face, eyes closed and relaxed. It pans down, and both his legs are broken this time, on the same day he was supposed to get the cast off.
- Jeff trying to eat his breakfast while Stella speculates about the details of the case:
Stella: "Where do you suppose he cut her up? Of course; the bathtub! That's the only place he could wash away the blood."