YMMV: Rear Window
- Harsher in Hindsight: The owner of the murdered dog has a rant about hardly anyone in the neighborhood really communicates with one another or seem to care about each other and how her dog was "the only thing that ever liked anybody!" Fast forward about 60 years and people have more distractions from genuine human communication (esp. neighbors).
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Stella questions how Thorwald, would've killed his wife. "Of course, the bathtub! It's the only place he could've washed the blood!" What other Hitchcock film was released six years after Rear Window? Psycho.
- Just Here for Godzilla: To see Ross Bagdasarian (Sr.) aka David 'Dave' Seville.
- Magnum Opus: Jimmy Stewart called this his favorite of the four movies he did under Alfred Hitchcock, and it also seems rather popular among Hitch's fans-Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 100% Certified Fresh rating.
- Nightmare Fuel: Thorwald's off-screen murdering of his wife and how he apparently chopped her body parts into individual pieces. There's a brief implication that the item he had stored in his hatbox was her head.
- Special Effect Failure: Jeff falling out of the window looks unmistakably like a chroma key effect. Plus, when everyone runs out into the courtyard to see this, it seems pretty obvious that they filmed the scene at normal speed and sped it up in post.