Poptropica may be a game aimed at children, but it does have a few moments that are funny to all!
- On Backlot Island, where you learn that your character doesn't know how to use a film camera.
Your Character: ( After receiving a Telephoto camera and asked to take a picture with it.) I think this camera is broken! There's no viewfinder!. No power button!
- And after meeting a photography expert:
Expert: Just put the film in.
Your character: What the heck is "film"?
- We get this little scene when you enter Studio 4:
Carson Willis: Ok, Kirk, go ahead and suit up
[Kirk walks out of the room, and walks back in wearing an ape suit]
Kirk: A monkey suit?
Carson Willis: You look marvelous!
Kirk: It's demeaning! I won't do it!
[Kirk walks away and throws the ape costume]
Carson Willis: *Sigh*
- The hilariously meta Mocktropica Island, which calls out all the tropes it can, including Fetch Quest and Gotta Catch 'Em All by name.
- Some of the stuff Joe Stockman has swallowed on Virus Hunter Island, like a Fan and a Penny.
- Monster Carnival Island has Honest Gabe's Garage. Honest Gabe, however, is doing five for defrauding customers. But the real gem comes next:
Your Character: Why don't you change the name?
Mechanic: Can't beat the power of a good brand!
- When the player character is captured by Black Widow and re-encounters the mysterious man on Counterfeit Island:
Player Character: And you! You set me up! Man, I don't like anyone in this room...well, except me. Me, I like.