Funny: Jane Austen
- Love and Freindship
- Mansfield Park
- Northanger Abbey
- Pride and Prejudice
- Sense and Sensibility
- Upon being asked to write a historical romance about the house pof Saxe-Cobourg, she wrote as an answer: "I could not sit down to write a serious Romance under any other motive than to save my Life, and if it were indispensable for me to keep it up and never relax into laughing at myself or other people, I am sure I should be hung before I had finished the first Chapter."
- " Mrs ... was the only one much admired. She appeared exactly as she did in September, with the same broad face, diamond bandeau, pink husband and fat neck. "
- The entierty of this short novel is hilarious, but especially...
- The fashonable and attractive, but shallow and vain Edward Talbot, and his Foil, the Deadpan Snarker and The Spock, his sister Augusta.
- The Fainting.
- The romantic friendships, its romantic undertones and shallowness.
- The main character's oblivousness at her misdeeds.
- Laura's Sanity Slippage.
They told me Edward was alive. But they have deceived me. They have taken him for a cucumber...