Funny: Gran Torino
- Basically every scene Walt disses on someone. One of the best:
Walt: You're wrong, eggroll, I know exactly what I'm talking about. I may not be the most pleasant person to be around, but I got the best woman who was ever on this planet to marry me. I worked at it, it was the best thing ever happened to me. Hands down. But you, you know, you're letting Click-Clack, Ding-Dong and Charlie Chan, just walk out with Miss What's-her-face. She likes you, you know? Though I don't know why!
Thao: You mean Youa?
Walt: Yeah... Yum Yum... yeah... nice girl... nice girl, very charming girl... I talked with her... yeah. But you, you just let her walk out right out with the Three Stooges. And you know why? 'Cause you're a big fat pussy. Well, I gotta go. Good day, pussycake.
- Thao tries to talk like a man and gets a gun pointed at his head for his troubles. The following scene where he puts this training to use counts too.
Thao:"My ass hurts from all the guys on my construction job."
- Thao then going back with advice on complaining about job, girlfriend, car etc. Thao stumbles confusedly (or sarcastically) through it all, culminating with
- What about the joke Walt told early on in the film?
- Walt: Oh, I've got one. A Mexican, a Jew, and a colored guy go into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of here."
- What, nobody mentioned this gem?
- Father Janovich: Jesus Christ, what have you done?
- Sue's pathetic attempt at a Tactful Translation, given that her grandmother is clearly furious at the sight of Walt in her home.
- The scene where Spider's gang deals with the Mexican gang messing with Thao. One of the Mexicans takes out a small revolver, but then one of Spider's guys takes out an uzi.
- Walt's musing on how all the Hmong people ended up in Michigan: "Everybody blames the Lutherans."
- Walt and the grandmother giving other angry stares and spitting.
- Walt's will.
- When Thao's mother and sister and trying to get Walt to agree to let Thao work for him. Thao says that they should just leave it because Walt doesn't want him in his house. Sue and their mother start shredding him in the Hmmong language. Walt doesn't have a clue what they are saying but even he's startled.
- Walt: Jesus, Joseph and Mary. These Hmong broads are like badgers.
- It's quite clear that since Sue is shouting it in English, that Thao is hearing them tell him to shut up in both languages.
- At Walt's funeral when Father Janovich quotes Walt's "superstitious old women" speech Martin the barber can be seen chuckling.
- Also a heartwarming moment. "And don't put a big, gay spoiler on the rear end ..."