- Just about anything that Lady Constance says, especially:
Lady Constance: Tell me, how much longer are you going to go on making films?Ivor Novello: I suppose that rather depends on how much longer the public want to see me in them.Lady Constance: It must be hard to know when it's time to throw in the towel.
- She also asks to know who turns out to be the murderer in his upcoming film. He says he doesn't want to spoil it but she bluntly says "It doesn't matter. None of us will see it"
- There's also Maggie Smith's delivery of the line "do close the door before I freeze to death" at the start.
- When Ivor starts playing the piano and the others clap, Lady Constance irritably says "please don't encourage him."
- After Elsie knows she's to be sacked, Denton calls on her with a drink and hopes to romance her. She takes the drink... and closes the door in his face.
- Lottie responding to Denton's whining about how the servants are treating him: "You can't be on both teams at once, sir." Especially after we learn about his sexual interests.
- Denton's fake Scottish accent is humorously inaccurate and overdone, like something out of a high school drama class.