- There are several elements that don't change based on the characters fighting that can get a little weird sometimes.
- Chiaotzu's ultimate attack, "Goodbye Mr. Tien", has Tien randomly screaming Chiaotzu's name in the background during the explosion. Partially because of this, the attack name takes on a whole different meaning when Tien's your opponent...
- Every character in Dragon Sim mode in 3 has the same possible events that are randomly drawn from. Yes, Chi-Chi is ordering the likes of Frieza, Broly, and Omega Shenron to sit down and do their homework.
- The Saibamen's ultimate attack leaves the opponent in Yamcha's classic, trademark pose regardless of who it is. It's quite an unusual sight to see the likes of Broly, Omega Shenron, and SSJ4 Gogeta crumpled up and helpless on the ground.
- Cui's ultimate attack, looking over his opponent's shoulder and telling them Frieza is behind them, works on Frieza.
- Majin Vegeta before he self destructs says goodbye to his family and Goku. Used on a villain, it's rather emotional. Used on Goku or Trunks, it gives off slightly different implications.
- The character's reactions to fighting someone they know at a different age, especially for Kid Goku and Kid Chi-Chi.
Yamcha: Against this Goku, I might actually have a chance.
- Kid Goku Vs. Yamcha
Goku: You look just like me. Are you some kinda weird ghost or somethin'?
- Kid Goku Vs. Goten
Pan: Grandpa! You totally forgot about me didn't you?Goku: What're you talking about? I'm still a kid!Goku (after winning): I know I haven't gotten that much older, but...
- Kid Goku Vs. Pan
Chi-Chi: Goku! How did you get so big?Goku: Chi-Chi was sure cute back then.
- Kid Chi-Chi Vs. Adult Goku
Videl: Huh? Mother-in-law!?
- Kid Chi-Chi Vs. Videl
Chi-Chi: You're not Goku! You're an imposter!Goten: Huh? What's wrong Mom?Goten (after winning): Hey, why is Mom smaller?
- Kid Chi-Chi Vs. Goten
Pan: What even Grandma is here!Chi-Chi: Who are you calling Grandma?
- Kid Chi-Chi Vs. Pan
Goku: Huh. Chi-Chi, you got smaller too.
- Kid Goku (GT) Vs. Chi-Chi
- In Budokai Tenkaichi 2's Fusion Reborn Story mode, after Gohan defeats Bojack and Zangya, both Frieza and Cell comment on how terrible Gohan's Great Saiyaman outfit is.
- Just...Just Great Saiyaman in general. Especially when his pre-battle quotes with the Ginyu Force, both Trunks or Piccolo. Meanwhile Videl and Goten likes the costume.
- One of the what-if stories in Raging Blast involves a fight between Trunks and Goten over who ate who's candy. Goku and Vegeta end up getting involved. Once the problem has been resolved, the narrator happily announces that "The future of group picnics with Goku and Vegeta's families [is] once again secure."
- If you or your opponent is a Dragon Ball player or Mr. Satan, expect them to flailing their arms or feet when they can't maintain their altitude on flight-level with someone who can fly indefinitely.
- If you linger long enough in BT3's Versus menu, you may hear this quip from Nappa: "Hey Vegeta, you think if I went Super Saiyan, my goatee would turn blond?"
- In Ultimate Tenkaichi, picking the "Crazy" voice option for your character in Hero Mode results in some pretty hilarious lines and sound bytes from the Hero. And even when he DOES say something relatively serious, his thick New York accent makes it very difficult to take him seriously.
- In fact, depending on which voice you pick, almost any scene can come across as comedic.
- Great Ape Baby's "I believe it's time for this monkey to spank you!!" is as hilarious as it is inappropriate.