Funny: A Game of Thrones
- At one point, Eddard Stark thinks about Gregor Clegane, including the fact that dogs are afraid to enter his hall. By this point Summer, Grey Wind, and Shaggydog have kicked out all the dogs from Winterfell's hall.
- As the story of how Arya disarmed Joffrey is being told by both sides in the Court, Renly Baratheon has to be escorted out because he's laughing at and mocking Joff too much
- This exchange between Jorah and Dany in A Game of Thrones:
Dany: Viserys says he could sweep the Seven Kingdoms with ten thousand Dothraki screamers.Jorah: *snort* Viserys couldn't sweep a stable with ten thousand brooms.
- Sansa's proclamation that she wants to marry Joffrey.
Sansa: I don't want someone brave, gentle, and strong! I want him!"
- Tyrion defending himself against Catelyn's accusations on the way to the Vale leads to this exchange:
Catelyn: Why would Petyr lie to me?Tyrion: Why does a bear shit in the woods?
- Also the fact that while he's mad that she's accusing him falsely of the attempted murder of a child, he is equally mad that she thinks he's dumb enough to bet against Jaime in a tournament.
- Ned Stark's inner thoughts about how uncomfortable the Iron Throne is and how much he hates doing Robert's job.
"Damn Aegon for his conceit and damn Robert and his hunting."
- Bran's dream of the talking crow.
Bran: Help me.Crow: I'm trying. Say, do you have any corn?
- A bit of dark humor comes when Dany, after learning that the wine seller who tried to poison her was offered a lordship for assassinating the remaining Targaryens, remarks that Drogo must have earned one for killing Viserys.