Think Like a Man is a 2012 Romantic Comedy based on Steve Harvey's dating advice book, Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man.The plot follows the relationships of a group of friends, each one representing a different dating archetype matched with a female contender. After the release of the aforementioned book in which Mr. Harvey gives away men's secret relationship tricks, the men struggle to keep up as the women start changing the game.
This film contains examples of:
- The Cameo: The group the guys challenge to a basketball game are all professional basketball players.
- Divorce Is Temporary: Cedric spends the entire movie bitching about his wife and preparing to divorce her. Just as it's about to be finalized, he calls her and tells her he's coming home.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: It's repeatedly implied that Cedric's estranged wife Gail is physically, emotionally, and verbally abusive to him and that this is the very reason he's leaving her. But the entire scenario is played for laughs with his friends constantly ridiculing him about it, and at the end of the movie, he goes back to her.
- The Ghost: The wife of the Token White character.
- Gail, until the final scene.
- Happily Married: The Token White character and his wife.
- Interclass Romance: Lauren, a successful business woman, needs to get over her hangups about dating Dominic, someone who's just starting out, especially since he lied about his financial status.
- My Beloved Smother: Mike's mom. To her credit, she backs off once she see her son is genuinely happy, and once she finds a little happiness herself.
- Product Placement: The book the movie's based on. Also Nike.
- Through His Stomach: Dominic cooks scrumptious meals for Lauren.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Gail towers over Cedric.
- Token White: The guys have one white friend and one "clear" friend.