Think Like a Man is a 2012 Romantic Comedy based on Steve Harvey's dating advice book, Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man.The plot follows the relationships of a group of friends, each one representing a different dating archetype matched with a female contender. After the release of the aforementioned book in which Mr. Harvey gives away men's secret relationship tricks, the men struggle to keep up as the women start changing the game.
This film contains examples of:
- The Cameo: The group the guys challenge to a basketball game are all professional basketball players.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: It's repeatedly implied that Cedric's estranged wife Gail is physically, emotionally, and verbally abusive to him and that this is the very reason he's leaving her. But the entire scenario is played for laughs with his friends constantly ridiculing him about it, and at the end of the movie, he goes back to her.
- My Beloved Smother: Mike's mom. To her credit, she backs off once she see her son is genuinely happy, and once she finds a little happiness herself.
- Product Placement: The book the movie's based on. Also Nike.
- Token White: The guys have one white friend and one "clear" friend.