"In this crazy world The Onion may be the only source that people can truly trust"The Onion Movie (also known as News Movie) is a 2008 Direct-to-Video Sketch Comedy movie based on The Onion.
- Big Damn Heroes: At the end of the movie, A group of Peruvians come in and save [[Spoiler: Norm Archer]] from being killed by Arab terrorists.
- Chekhov's Army: Just about everyone from the previous sketches appears in the climax.
- Dream-Crushing Handicap: Parodied. We are introduced to the "inspirational portrait of the week", which involves a man with no legs (and then no arms) first declaring that he wanted to do ballet since he was a child. After maybe 15 seconds, what he wanted to do all his life was hockey. A sequence of him follows being tackled harshly.
- Eye Beams: What Peruvians have, according to the stereotype which the end of the film shows to be true.
- Magic Ampersand: One sketch features the game "Wizards & Warbeasts".
- Mega Corp.: Global Tetrahedron, "Encircling Your World". This was imported from earlier Onion articles and the book Our Dumb Century.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Landmines are advertised as tools for gardening
- Noun Verber: Cockpuncher
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: A young white man goes around pretending he's black. He later gets arrested by two racist cops and jailed for crime he didn't commit because he was the only one in the vicinity fitting the description of a "young black male" who had robbed a yarn store nearby.
- Shout-Out: To NetworkNorm Archer: "Well I was going to say that I'm mad as hell as not going to take it anymore"
- The Stinger:Norm Archer: "This is Norm Archer. Fuck you, and good night"
- Worst News Judgment Ever: A woman witnesses a house explode on the other side of the street and calls the Onion News hotline. The following scene shows an Onion van arriving on the spot to report on her husband's missing socks, which makes the front page. The people in the neighborhood exhibit similar behavior, being far more interested in the presence of the Onion news team than the catastrophe that had just taken place.