The Final Terror is a Slasher Movie from 1983.A group of forest rangers and young women decide to spend their vacation by camping and venture into the woods miles away from civilization. There they become targets of a killer who may or may not be the odd Eggar, who drove them there.
Tropes in this film:
- Black Dude Dies First: Completely averted, with both black characters surviving.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Killer uses a billhook blade strapped to a wrist.
- Creepy Souvenir: When searching the killer's cabin for the second time, the cast finds a severed hand in a jar inside a closet.
- Dangerous Windows: When the cast takes refuge in Eggar's bus, the killer tries to strike Vanessa with a pickax through a window.
- Death by Sex: The killer offs Mike when he is having sex with Melanie.
- Does Not Like Shoes: The killer is barefooted at all times.
- Evil Uncle: Young girl's uncle in the campfire story.
- Fingerless Gloves: The killer wears them.
- Ghost Story: Potential killer's backstory is told around the campfire.
- Howling to the Night: When Zorich and Nathaniel go look for weed at night, they pull a prank on Marco by putting him on lookout and telling him that he has to howl like a wolf every 45 seconds.
- Peekaboo Corpse: Jim's corpse in the opening.
- Rape as Backstory: The girl in the campfire story was raped by her uncle, went insane, and gave birth to a son.
- Red Herring Mole: It turns out that it really was Eggar's mom stalking the cast.
- Slashed Throat: Melanie's corpse turns up with her throat slashed.
- The killer also tries this to Windy, but messes up and Margaret manages to save her by stitching the wound.
- The Stoner: Few characters, most notably Zorich who spends the last remaining minutes in the film high on mushrooms.
- Token Minority Couple: Averted. Token black characters Nathaniel and Vanessa never hook up, or even attempt it.